A child is not a punching bag
- 80% of all cases of child abuse reported are caused by the child's parent.
- 70.3% of children that have died from child abuse were younger than 3 years of age.
- 44.4% of children the have died from child abuse were younger than 1 year of age.
Ways to know if a child is being abused
- Withdraw from friends or usual activities
- Unexplained bruises or injuries
- Depression or anxiety
- Fear of going home
- Changes in behavior
- Taking risky behavior
What to do if a child is being abused
- Show them that your interested and concerned
- Stay calm around the child
- Reassure and support the child
People to tell if you know someone or you are being abused
- Another adult or the police
- Your teachers