AP NEWS YOU CAN USE
Week of October 17 - October 21
Thanks for making testing seamless this week for our kiddos!
Teachers make more minute by minute decisions than brain surgeons...and that is why you're going home so exhausted each day.
-Dr. Tina Boogren
NEWS YOU CAN USE
Dance Volunteers: WE NEED YOU!!
Please consider volunteering to chaperone our Halloween Dance on Friday, October 28 after school until 5:30. This is SO MUCH FUN and your child gets in free when you volunteer. You also get a jeans pass!! Below are spots still available...
MONDAY: Bus Driver Appreciation Day
October 17 is Bus Driver Appreciation Day. We have 13 Reg Ed buses so please have students make cards for our drivers. You can divide your class into groups to make sure each driver gets a card from your class. You can place these on the table in my office.
Self-contained classes should make cards for our SPED bus drivers.
Our next fire drill will be Monday, October 17 at 10:35 am. Please review procedures with your students.
SAVE THE DATE: Open Enrollment opens 10/19
Please keep your classroom doors locked during instruction and any time you are away from the room.
1st 9 Week DAs
Last day of scheduled testing is Monday.
All make-ups should be completed by Friday, October 21st.
Schedule is posted on the Pharr ES Training Page
See Heidi's email for more details.
eClass Assessment Page
NOW LIVE, teachers have their VERY OWN Teacher Accountability and Assessment Communication Center in eClass. ALL your resources for DA's and SPG's can be found there versus searching through Schoolnet!!
Quick Check references with matching AKS are also there!!
- UPDATED...IOWA begins 10/26-10/28 and 11/2-11/3
- Grades 2 and 5 only
- Training meeting for whole staff 10/18
- Additional training for Grades 2 and 5 during planning time 10/18
5 Tips for Effective Data Teams
- Laugh and cheer!
- Go beyond test scores
- Data trumps opinion
- Focus on next steps
- Create time for reflection
Please be sure you are assigning at least one eCLASS discussion a week. This can be a lab assignment, homework, or rotation/center work.
Sign up for a help session with Katie here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EUv6hhWOP4haY-coyZvDnV9gY9KHzPlHl46jMBgYHoc/edit?usp=sharing
Please review RAMS behavior with your class each day:
Accept responsibility for your actions!
Strive for success!
- Weekly - students earn RAMS point tickets for each stamp. These tickets should be filled out and collected each Thursday. Names will be drawn for candy on Friday morning. CUT-OFF for submitting tickets is 8:00am on Friday morning.
- Monthly - highest stamp earner from each class will earn a trip to the prize cart! Students will be recognized the last week of September. This includes stamps earned from August and September.