August 11, 2023
Hello from the PCHS Admin Team!
It's registration time! This newsletter includes everything you need to know to successfully engage in the online back-to-school registration process (open now) before then diving into in-person registration next week!
Below you will also find updates about bus routes, for Link Crew Leaders, an intro letter about attendance, and more.
Have a great weekend, and go Pirates!
Julia McBride, Principal
Frank McMurray, Assistant Principal
Sandy Buczek, Dean of Academic Support
Registration @ PCHS
Step 1: Online Back-to-School Registration is OPEN in MiStar Parent Connect
Every year, families must complete the online back-to-school registration process in MiStar ParentConnect. This ensures we have your most up-to-date contact information and affirms your intent to return. The online back-to-school registration link is now available in ParentConnect. You MUST complete this online step before your student can proceed with in-person registration on August 16 or 17.
Step 2: Registration Days @ PCHS
- 11th & 12th Grade: Wednesday, August 16 from 9am-Noon (NHS & Red Cross hosting a Blood Drive 9am-2pm in the Gym too!)
- 9th & 10th Grade: Thursday, August 17 from 9am-Noon
While many steps in the registration process happen online via MiStar Parent Connect (including PTO donation, class t-shirt orders, school picture order, etc), students are expected to report during their scheduled registration day in order to have their school picture taken, receive their student ID for the year, and pick up their schedule. Parents are welcome and encouraged to accompany students. We are hopeful that the amazing bond work going on in the building will be at a place that allows for family exploration of the building, including practicing opening lockers and following class schedules.
Make sure you've covered all of the back-to-school registration steps by reviewing or even making a copy of the PCHS Registration Checklist below!
National Honor Society & the American Red Cross to Host 1st Blood Drive of 2023-24 Year
Please join our lifesaving mission and schedule an appointment today!
Location: Pinckney Community High School Gym
Date: Wed Aug 16, 2023
Time: 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Click here to make an appointment
The need for blood is constant and only volunteer donors can fulfill that need for patients in our community. Nationwide, someone needs a unit of blood every 2 to 3 seconds and most of us will need blood in our lifetime.
Download the Red Cross Blood Donor App on the App Store, Google Play or text BLOODAPP to 90999. Schedule appointments, view your blood type and results of your mini-physical, and track your donations.
Link Crew Leaders
PCS Attendance Expectations & Policies
2023-24 PCHS Bell Schedules
Cell Phone & Backpack Policies @ PCHS
Upcoming Events & Important Dates
- Friday, August 11: Online Back-to-School Registration Opens in Parent Connect
- Wednesday, August 16 from 9am - Noon: 11th/12th Registration (Blood Drive 9am-2pm)
- Thursday, August 17 from 9am - Noon: 9th/10th Registration
- Monday, August 28: First Day of 2023-24 School Year - 1/2 Day - 7:30-10:55am (Freshmen Orientation Day!)
- Friday, September 1: No School
- Monday, September 4: No School - Labor Day
- Wednesday, September 13 from 6:30-8:00pm: PCHS Open House ("drop-in" format to meet teachers, see classrooms, and learn about courses your student is taking)
- Thursday, September 14 at 7pm: National Honor Society Induction
- Friday, September 29: Homecoming Parade & Football Game vs. Ypsi
- Saturday, September 30: Homecoming Dance
- Wednesday, October 11: Powderpuff Football Game
District-Wide Calendars: https://www.pinckneypirates.org/page/calendars
Get your tickets to any and all games here! Season passes can also be purchased here.
Follow along for all athletic tryouts, registration, schedules, and updates at https://pinckneypiratesathletics.com/
Looking for Pirate Athletics gear?
If you have any questions please let your counselor know:
Ms. Amy Robinson (Last names A-Le) - email@example.com
Ms. Nicole Braun (Last names Lf- Z) - firstname.lastname@example.org
The Pirate Closet, coordinated by the PCHS Counseling Team accepts donations of and offers gently used clothing in a range of sizes for teenagers and/or food items such as canned goods, dry goods, and things that store well. Deodorant, body wash, shampoo, toothpaste, and toothbrushes are also welcome and accessible. All donations should be brought to the Counseling Office as soon as registration days and running across the school year. Any student or PCHS family in need can visit the Counseling Office to seek access to the Pirate Closet or email your student's counselor directly. Requests will be kept confidential.
Local Employment Opportunities
Pinckney Community Schools!
If you know someone who would thrive in a small learning community environment focused on student connection, empowerment, and preparedness for life beyond high school, send them our way! In particular, here at PCHS we are currently looking for a Special Ed Aide and a Custodian.
PCHS on Social Media
If you don't already, follow us on:
- Twitter at @PinckneyHigh
- Instagram at @pinckneyhighschool
- Facebook at Pinckney Community High School.
We do our best to use these platforms for important announcements, newsworthy events, and fun things that keep parents and students connected to PCHS.
- Full-Day Schedule: 7:30am-2:30pm
- Half-Day Schedule: 7:30am-10:55am
- Friday Early Release Schedule: 7:30am-1:09pm
- PCHS is a closed campus. Only those approved to leave the building (i.e. for CTE, Dual Enrollment, Co-Op) may exit the building during school hours, and only through the South entrance. This is in service of ensuring all students are safely where they should be!
- If running late to school, students need to park in the Main Entrance lot (South side) in order to sign in at the Main Office. The North doors will be locked after 7:45am.
- Students are required to have a parking pass if parking in the PCHS lot during the school day. Make sure you've paid for your pass in the Main Office!
- PCS Transportation Code of Conduct
- Have a tech issue? Submit a helpdesk ticket at: helpdesk.pinckneypirates.org
Attendance Hotline: 810-225-5510 / email@example.com