September 25, 2017
Practice what we preach
When I was growing up, I often heard the phrase, "You need to practice what you preach." Usually, it was my mom reminding me that the best lessons taught are those that are given by example. As we are a month into school now, it is great to see so many staff members "practicing" the strategies of restorative discipline and components of social and emotional learning. As I visited with team leaders last week, I reminded them of the importance of remembering that our students are really just little adults. As we interact with them, we should avoid "punishment" and instead use reinforcers that motivate change. Remember that the two best ways to impact students' behavior are having a strong relationship and outstanding, engaging lessons. Nothing we do can change student behavior as quickly and thoroughly.
Team planning continues to get better. Thanks for allowing Wendy and I into your planning and being patient as we ask probing questions and Wendy provides great feedback. :) I love meeting with you and watching your process and hearing your thinking.
Just as a heads up, I will be at a conference on Thursday and Friday of this week. Wendy will be here and continue to do a great job of supporting you and the students.
Have an incredible week of teaching, learning, and fun!!
- September 27th -- IWK Meetings
- September 27th -- Dining for Dollars -- Mooyah
- September 28th -- Progress Reports Go Home
- September 29th -- Tier 2 Documentation Submitted on Edugence
- October 2nd -- Monday Assembly
- October 2nd -- Third Grade to Outdoor Learning Center
- October 3rd -- SBIC Meeting (5:00 p.m.)
- October 4th -- Team Leader Meeting
- October 9th -- Student/Teacher Holiday
- October 10th -- Parent / Teacher Conferences
- October 11th -- Staff Meeting (until 5:00 p.m.)
- October 12th -- Vision and Hearing Screening -- K, 1, and 3
- October 16th -- Ms. Danawal's Bridal Shower -- 3:15 p.m.
- October 18th -- Team Leader Meeting
- October 19th -- GT Training -- 3:00 p.m.
- October 20th -- End of First Nine Weeks
- October 23rd -- Picture Retakes
- October 23rd-25th -- Collin County Adventure Park -- 5th Grade
- October 23rd-27th -- Red Ribbon Week
- October 25th -- IWK Meetings
- October 26th -- Second Grade Program -- 6:30 p.m.
- October 27th -- PTA Trunk or Treat
- October 27th - November 3rd -- Book Fair
“Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.”