Life Sciences Secondary School
March 21, 2016
I am looking forward to today's PD where you will share your learning from your second cycle of inquiry, as well as next week when you will have the opportunity to share your take aways from your Lesson Study cycles. I learn so much from your teams when you share your process, what your team struggled with, how you adjusted, and what went well. All of this learning will impact the work we do moving forward. Many of the ideas that have come up within individual teams can be expanded school wide and we will spend some time this Spring identifying those ideas that we will adopt as school wide practices. We'll be meeting in the computer lab on the 3rd floor for PD this afternoon.
We have a couple big events this week:
- The Science Fair will be taking place tomorrow during periods 1, 2, 3, 7 and 8. Please stop by the new cafeteria or the gym during your free periods tomorrow to show support to our students and your colleagues.
- Public Color will be holding an awards ceremony for our students who participated in their winter program tomorrow at 3:30 in the new cafeteria. Please stop by to celebrate our students before you head out for the day. They have been working hard and 1 or 2 of them will be inducted into Public Color's Paint Club.
I hope everyone has a productive week and enjoys the very well deserved long weekend.
- Thank you to Ms. Dixon and Ms. Singh for organizing a trip for their students to the STEM Innovators-in-Training Experience at York College this week.
- A shout out to Ms. Shambourger for working with Edumakate to organize a trip for our students to both CCNY and Credit Suisse.
- Thank you to Ms. Reidy and the members of ARISTA for their work raising money for supplies for shelter animals at the ASPCA.
March 22: Science Fair
March 22: Public Color Awards Ceremony
March 23: ARISTA Trip
March 23: Edumakate Trip to Credit Suisee
March 25: No School for Good Friday