Sound of Sun Prairie Marching Band
Can you believe it is almost the end of October? The excitement for the 2022 Sound Season continues to build! The purpose of this newsletter is to connect with you regarding the upcoming season and some important dates. Please take a moment to read the information below.
LOVE THAT SOUND!
It Pays To Register Now For Florida
- Registering now will allow you to start making payments for the trip.
- Registering will help us to support your fundraising efforts.
- Early registration will help us to determine staffing, transportation, uniforms, etc.
Let's Get Together In December!
- General Band Booster Meeting - Thursday, Nov. 4th, 6:30pm Everyone is invited! Short 30-minute online meeting. Agenda: Elections for Vice President and Vice Treasurer. Update on Fundraising Opportunities. Register for meeting on Booster Newsletter.
- Bucky Books Sale is happening NOW until November 5th
FRUIT, CHEESE, SAUSAGE, & KRINGLE Sale - Starts Monday!!
Twice a year the Sun Prairie Band Boosters offers fresh, delicious fruit for sale to the general public. New this year are Kringles! Students, parents and guardians earn a percentage of every sale for their band ledger.
Madison Marathon - November 14th
Volunteer to cheer, encourage, and hand out waters & bananas to the Marathon Runners!
Each volunteer earns credit into your Band Student's Ledger.
CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO FIND OUT MORE!
Oct 25 - Fruit Sale BeginsNov 4 - General Band Booster Meeting - 6:30 PM (online)
Nov 5 - Bucky Book Sale Ends
Nov 14 - Madison Marathon Fundraiser
Dec (TBD) - SOSP Social (Pizza, Marching Videos, and Show Reveal?)
Jan 9 - SOSP Open Rehearsal - 12:30-3:30 PM (HS)
Feb 22 - SOSP Kickoff Meeting - 7:00-8:00 PM (HS)
Feb 26 - SOSP Season Registration Day (HS)
Feb 26 - Florida Registartion Deadline
Previously Shared Information
SOSP September 15 Meeting Recording
We are excited about the upcoming 2022 SOSP Season and our trip to Florida. We hope that your child will join us for this amazing 50th Anniversary Season! Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Our "hub" for all things related to SOSP and the Florida trip is our website (link button is below).
- Registration for the Florida trip is now OPEN on our website. After viewing the video and reading the materials contained in this newsletter, we would encourage you to register for the trip soon, even though the deadline isn't until Feb 26. Your registration will help us to plan and will allow us to support fundraising efforts.
- The Florida trip is part of the 2022 Sound Season. Only students who participate in the Sound Season are eligible to go on the Florida trip.
- Formal registration for the Sound Season will take place on Feb 26.
Q: When will we sign up for Sound and the 2022 Season?
A: The official registration date for Sound is Feb 26, 2022. However, we will ask students and families about their interest level in the next few weeks. Families will also have the opportunity to set up an account with our travel company and start raising funds for the Florida trip on Sept 15. We also plan to hold an open rehearsal on January 9th so that students can experience some of what we do (similar to what took place this fall).
Q: When do Sound rehearsals begin and how long are they?
A: Our tentative schedule for the 2022 Season can be found by clicking the button below. Keep in mind that things may change, but this will give you an idea of rehearsal dates and times.
Q: Why does Sound rehearse for so many hours in the summer?
A: We are very careful not to rehearse too long on weekends during the school year. We work hard to balance getting enough time in to generate the skills needed to be successful when we go "full time" following the conclusion of the school year. The summer hours are long but they are broken down into segments filled with a variety of activities and games. As the veteran members of Sound (and the alumni) will tell you "the days are both challenging and rewarding." Sound presents an opportunity for students to really focus on doing one thing really well for a few weeks in the summer. The intense focus not only creates a rewarding performance but develops a sense of community not often found in other places.
Q: How can I find out more about Sound?
A: Check out our website located here: https://www.spbb.org/sosp.html
Q: What do I do if I have more questions?
A: Feel free to contact Mr. Gleason! email@example.com