Mrs. Berger's Weekly Update!
January 19th, 2016
I hope everyone had a wonderful three day weekend! Last week in homeroom we discussed Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and his contribution in the African-American Civil Rights Movement.
The semester is quickly coming to a close. If your students are following along with the class connect schedule and they are not quite at 50% in a few subjects please do not be overly concerned. Their grade should not be affected. I would rather them stay on the class connect schedule if the classes help them, and be a few percentages behind than to hurry along just to get to 50%.
Please read the important information below for updates for the week!
As always, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
April : )
Click above to view and print the weekly progress goal tracker
- MANY items were due Friday 1/15. Please see the calendar below for important items that were due. Although they will now be marked late, it is still better to turn them in late than to not turn them in at all.
- The Q2 work sample cover sheet is posted on symbaloo for your reference.
- Work samples need to have the proper heading and the cover sheet completed. If they do not they will be returned to be revised and returned. Thank you for understanding. Samples can be found on the symbaloo page.
- Assignments can be mailed to my home address above or emailed.
Mark Your Calendars
2nd Quarter: November 5th to January 27th
- 15th LP4 PE Log Due 12/2-1/12
- 15th PE Semester 1 Assignment Due
- 15th Q2 Work Samples Due- Original Work
- 15th Composition Due- “Persuasive” Unit 4 Pre-writing & Final Paper
- 15th Math TGA Due- Unit 5 Lesson 13
- 15th Literature- Critical Skills Assessment- Unit 9
- 15th History Writing Assignment Due- Unit 5
- 18th Martin Luther King Day- No School
- 24th-29th National School Choice Week
- 27th End of Quarter 2 / 1st Semester
- 29th LP5 PE Log Due 1/13-2/17
Check the weekly OLS plan for links to the following weekly class connect sessions:
- Homeroom: Mondays 9:30a.m. (Optional)
- Math: Tuesdays-Fridays 9a.m.
- Language Arts for GUM and Composition: Tuesdays and Thursdays 11a.m.
Student Support Classes
Students may be invited to 1-3 classes per week. The students invited to the classes are subject to change weekly. Links to the classes, if invited, will appear on your weekly plan.