Moore's Magnificent 2nd Graders
Change to our Monday routine
Wear gold on Wednesdays to remind us all to follow the Golden Rule!
All students will begin their day in the gym for Fly Friday
Support St. Jude's Research Hospital
Wear a hat on Fridays in September for $1. All proceeds benefit St. Jude's Research Hospital.
This Friday, wear your favorite Brock Eagle gear as we attend the Homecoming Pep Rally at the HS at 9:00! We ask that students not wear mums or corsages to school.
The kids looked great in their Red, White and Blue last Friday!
What to expect this week:
Math test on Wednesday, purple study guide assessment comes home Tuesday
Reading Workshop: Author's have intentions
Math: Comparing/Ordering Numbers, four digit numbers
Writing Workshop: Paying attention to authors’ craft
Sept. 21st PTC Meeting – 3:45
Sept. 23rd Homecoming Pep Rally at 9:00 a.m. HS/ Game 7:30
Oct. 6th: Movie Night on the Pavilion/ Fall (Yearbook) Pictures
Oct. 10th: Parent Conferences/ No school for students
Oct. 17-21 School Safety Week/Practice Procedures
Oct. 21st: Pep Rally/ The RANCH
Oct. 24th-28th Red Ribbon Week
Oct. 29th- Fall Festival
2nd Grade Math Vocabulary
1. digit – the symbols 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 used to write numbers
2. place value – the value of a digit in a number based on its position
48 = 4 tens 8 ones
3. number line – a line on which points correspond to numbers
4. add (addition) – to join 2 or more groups
5. subtract (subtraction) – to take away part of a group
6. fact family – a set of related number sentences
2, 3, 5: 2+3=5, 3+2=5, 5-2=3, 5-3=2
7. expanded form – a number that is stretched out to show all of the place value parts 423 is 400+20+3