MCES WEEKLY TOP FIVE FOR PARENTS
UPDATES FOR THE WEEK OF JANUARY 9-JANUARY 13
MONTCLAIR ELEMENTARY SCHOOL’S WEEKLY TOP 5 FOR PARENTS
- Montclair ElementaryCognia Parent Survey: We are committed to improving our school district by listening and responding to your suggestions. Please help us understand how well our school meets your child's needs by participating in a brief family engagement survey! Your feedback will help us identify areas of strength and opportunities to elevate the quality of our school. This anonymous survey will only take a few minutes to complete. Make your voice heard at eProve
- Report Cards: On Wednesday, January 11, All report cards will go home, and the Second Nine Weeks Report will go home with our students. Don't hesitate to contact the teacher if the hard copy does not make it home. Parents also access their students' grades via the Parent Portal of Powerschool.
- Benchmark/mClass Assessments: Your student completed the Masterconnect Beginning of the Year assessment at the beginning of the school year. The purpose of Benchmark Assessments is to provide teachers and school staff with information regarding student mastery of standards taught thus far in the 2022-2023 school year. Starting on January 12-20, we will administer the Masterconnect Middle of the Year Assessment. This assessment will measure how much information the individual students have learned since the beginning of the school year. Teachers will have access to individual student data summarizing their performance and use that data to plan for instruction following the assessment.
- Dual Language Night/School of Choice Info Night-On January 17th, Montclair will host our School of Choice/ Dual Language Night. This event will be from 5 o clock to 6. During this time, parents with upcoming Kindergarten for the 23-24 School Year will have the opportunity to enroll their students in the Dual Language Program. Parents will also be able to go around the Dual Language Classes to see what their curriculum looks like and ask questions about the program. Parents with students already enrolled in the program will also have the chance to speak with some of our Dual Langauge Spanish Teachers.
- Cumberland Family Academy-Amazing things happen when families and educators join forces in students' lives. As part of its strategic plan, Cumberland County Schools (CCS) launched Cumberland Family Academy (CFA) during the 2020-21 school year. Since launching CFA, district officials have continued to listen to families to create innovative ways for families to receive information and resources to support their children. Throughout the 2022-23 school year, CCS families will have numerous opportunities to connect with the school system and receive critical information and resources to help their children succeed in the classroom and beyond. Please reach out to Mr. Gillespie about how you can sign up.
CHARACTER TRAIT OF THE MONTH FOR JANUARY: SELF DISCIPLINE
A MESSAGE FROM THE ADMINISTRATION TEAM
As we continue our 2022-2023 School Year, The Administration Team would like to welcome our families back from what we hope was a very restful and peaceful break.
During the year's second half, we want our families to continue supporting our Family Engagement Activities. We appreciate all who have come out and supported our various Family Nights and Holiday Performances. The staff at Montclair are planning some more activities to keep our families engaged and strengthen our partnership.
Additionally, for parents, we want to emphasize that " EVERY MINUTE COUNTS." We are heading into our Testing season and would like our students to be at the best advantage. Also, when a child check-ins late or leaves early, they need vital instructional time. We understand that students have to be checked out for important reasons, but we want to ensure that our students have every opportunity to learn. Please attempt to have your child here on time and stay until dismissal. Parents, please be reminded that the late bell rings at 8:30 AM.
Thank you so much for your time as we look forward to a year and rebuilding, refocusing, and reassuring all stakeholders about being Montclair Strong. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns for administrators, please feel free to email us, use Classdojo or contact us in our Facebook group.
Principal-Stephanie Wall Powell/Assistant Principal-Darius B.Gillespie
Montclair Elementary School provides an environment that encourages our students' growth and development.
We are committed to:
The enhancement of positive character traits
Achievement of academic excellence
Awareness of physical fitness
The faculty and staff invite you to be our partner in our journey toward greatness.