Mrs. Weyen's First Grade Class!
We may small but we are mighty.
- I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! It was a great good weekend for college football in Oklahoma!
- Just a reminder: I will be gone to Minnesota Tuesday through Friday. I will check my email daily but call the office if you have something immediate that needs to be answered. Ms. Mosley will sub on Tuesday and Ms. Metcalf will sub Wednesday through Friday.
- Just and FYI: My husband and I recently found out we are expecting our first child. I am due May 27th which means I will be here through the end of the school year. I told the kids last week and they have begun giving me advice on names. So far, Sparkles, is the top choice.
- Next Week is a short week! We have school Monday and Tuesday only. Happy Thanksgiving!
- If you signed up to bring items for our pie tasting challenge, we will need those here Tuesday, November 24th. Thank you!
- Please scroll down for upcoming events.
We are learning....
- Math: addition and subtraction strategies, fact families.
- Reading: Our story from the week was Do You Know This Nose? For comprehension we worked on responding to text by writing facts we learned from the story, main idea and details, and making text to self connections. We practiced this story all week. Your child should have brought his or her own copy home. Ask your child to read it to you!
- Writing: Working on our, I AM Thankful books.
- Social Studies: The First Thanksgiving, Pilgrims, Mayflower, Wampanoag Indians, and Thanksgiving traditions.