South Lebanon Elementary
5th Avenue Falcons March 2021
Notes and News From Mr. Brown
PSSA Testing will be held for grade 3-5 on the following dates:
- English/Language Arts - April 20-22
- Mathematics - April 26-27
- Science (Grade 4 only) - April 29-30
On these dates, please be sure that your child is at school each day, on time. Testing will begin promptly at 9:10 A.M. It is also important to make sure your child eats a nutritious breakfast. Please note that educational trips will not be approved during the PSSA testing dates. Remember, breakfast is available for all students at no cost for the 2020-2021 school year. Most importantly, make sure that you encourage students to stay positive and do their very best. This is all that we ask of our students each day!
If you would like more information on the PSSA's please visit the PSSA homepage by using this link.
We are looking forward to a fantastic Spring at South Lebanon Elementary School. As always, thank you for your continued support in your child's educational journey.
Mark D. Brown, Prinipal
- Now thru March 9th - Mahoski’s Candy Sale Order forms and payment due March 9. Parent pickup at South Lebanon on March 30. Help support your school AND a local business! (Extra order forms are attached below).
March 12th - Spring Picture Day
March 15th - Falcon Foundation Grant Applications Due
March 22-23 - Virtual Kindergarten Registration
March 31st - School in Session (Snow Makeup Day)
March 31st - End of Third Marking Period
April 20-30th - PSSA Testing (See above for specific dates)
May 13 – Chicken Bar-B-Q from 4-6pm. Meals $8.00 Look for ticket sale info to be coming home soon.
From the Art Room
March is Youth Art Month!
Three students from South Lebanon Elementary currently have artwork on virtual display for the 2021 Pennsylvania Art Education Association (PAEA) Youth Art Month Exhibit. March is nationally recognized as the month to celebrate and commend young artists. The exhibit displays artwork from children in grades Kindergarten through 12th grade. Leah Rotunda, grade 5, Lillyann Annibali, grade 4, and Lincoln Showers, grade 2 were chosen to represent South Lebanon Elementary and the Cornwall Lebanon School District.
The exhibit can be viewed via the following web link from March 1, 2021-April 4, 2021:
PAEA is hosting a virtual award ceremony and reception on Saturday, March 20th, 1-2 p.m. via Zoom. During this ceremony, prizes and personalized certificates will be awarded to select student artists, sponsored by Blick Art Materials. The ceremony will be uploaded to PAEA’s YouTube channel at a later date for all to view and enjoy.
CLSD Elementary Band Program
Attention Parents/Guardians of Third Grade Students:
It’s Time to Join the Band!
Enrollment in the Cornwall-Lebanon Elementary Band Program is available to current third grade students. Students who wish to enroll in the band will begin studying their instruments during the Summer Band Program! The program takes place from June 10 – July 14. (Mark your calendar!) Daily lessons for current third grade students last for 30 minutes and are typically available between 7:30am and 9:00am.
Students who wish to join the band may choose from the following instruments: flute, clarinet, saxophone, trumpet, French horn, trombone, baritone, tuba, or orchestra bells.
Students will receive enrollment information at an assembly in April. If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Thompson at email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing your child in the band program this summer!
News from the Nurse's Office
We are still missing various dental and private physical exam forms on a number of students. Please return these state required forms ASAP.
- Third graders are required by the state to have a dental exam. Letters to next year's third grade parents were sent home in February. Please return the green form ASAP.
- Sixth graders are required by the state to have a physical exam. Letters to next year's sixth grade parents were sent home in Februay. Please return the pink form ASAP.
We will be celebrating Go For the Greens Week of April 6th-9th, 2021! Students will have the opportunity to select healthy green snacks in the cafeteria prepared by The CLSD Food Services Department. Wear your green on April 7th!
South Lebanon PTP March 2021
Thanks to all who participated in the Gratitude Fundraiser!!!! If you didn't turn in your donation form, THERE IS STILL TIME!
Gather donations from family, friends and neighbors to aid the PTP in continuing to provide help to our teachers and students. Send all donations in an envelope marked PTP Gratitude Challenge. Remember, 100% of all money collected goes back into our school!
New this year…WEIS4SCHOOL
Our school is partnering with Weis to earn money for our school simply from shopping at Weis markets. On your next shopping trip, simply scan the barcode form the document below to register your Weis Club card. Once you register, a portion of the profits will be donated to the South Lebanon PTP. Thanks for supporting South Lebanon students and programs.
BOX TOP APP - PLEASE sign up for the box tops app and choose South Lebanon. Every time you shop, scan your store receipt and we will automatically earn points.
Email me with any questions, concerns or ideas...firstname.lastname@example.org
The next PTP meeting will be: March 10, 2021 at 6:30pm
Meeting will be held socially distanced in the LGI. Masks are required.
Or you can attend virtually at this link.
· Cedar Crest High School presents its spring musical, The Addams Family - Quarantined Concert Version, March 5 & 6 at 7 PM and March 7 at 2:30 PM. Purchase live stream passes for various viewing options online at cchsmusical.booktix.com. Use the same link to purchase raffle tickets for the Winner-Takes-All raffle to benefit the CCHS Musical – chance to win more than $600 in gift cards! Visit the CLSD website or Facebook for more details.
o March 4, 6 PM: Senior citizen District residents can reserve one of 80 available free socially distanced seat tickets to enjoy the dress rehearsal of the The Addams Family in person. Reservations are required this year. Call (717) 272-2036 and follow the instructions to leave a message and reserve your seat. Visit the CLSD website or Facebook for more details.
· The calendar of key district dates for the 2021-2022 school year has been approved by the Board of School Directors. Check on the district website <www.clsd.k12.pa.us> under the “Community” tab.
· CLSD Calendar of Events: Please check the District website calendar for updates to events listed in the 2020-2021 CLSD Calendar. Many activities listed in the calendar will have an online option for remote viewing. If available, the link will be posted on the scheduled event date on the website calendar. Most Home Athletic events are available for viewing via livestream on CCHStoday.com.
· Kindergarten registration for the 2021-2022 school year: Please visit the CLSD website and click on the Kindergarten image on the Home page to begin the online registration process.
· March 8: School Board Public Work Session, CCHS LGI, 5:30 p.m.; Check website for info and a link to view the Livestream meeting or to register to attend in person.
· March 15: Board of School Directors meeting, CCHS LGI, 5:30 p.m.; Check website for info and a link to view the Livestream meeting or to register to attend in person.
· March 15: Deadline to apply for Falcon Foundation grants and awards. Click on the “Falcon Fnd.” Quick link icon on the district web Home page for more info, www.clsd.k12.pa.us. For further information, please contact: Arianne Chernich or Tamara Gross, Grants and Awards Committee Co-Chairs: email@example.com or (717) 679-5782.
· March 25, 26 & 27: Cedar Crest Middle School Performing Arts is presenting two livestream, and two prerecorded tapings of Shrek the Musical Jr. They have double cast this show. The Swamp cast will perform via live stream March 25 at 7 pm and the recorded version will show March 27 at 3 pm. The Duloc cast live stream will be shown March 26 at 7 pm and the recorded version available for viewing March 27 at 7 pm. Tickets are available for all shows at: https://www.showtix4u.com/events/19812
· March 31: 3rd Marking Period Ends
· March 31: School is In Session (weather make-up day for the closure on 2-2-2021)