Principal News & Notes
an e-newsletter from Principal Bruggers
April 5, 2020
Mounds View High School Students, Parents and Guardians:
I hope this email finds you well. I’d like to begin by sharing with you how much all the Mounds View staff miss seeing the students! So many teachers shared stories this week of missing the daily interaction with students, in the classroom, hallways and in extra-curricular activities. Collectively, we would all like to share our gratitude for the patience and grace our community has shown as we ease into distance learning. We found ourselves in a place where there were more questions than answers. Together, we are finding a new normal. A huge thank you to our custodial staff who has kept our building clean and sanitized!I
A couple of updates as we embark on week two of distance learning:
- Mondays will look a bit different. Assignments will still be posted by 8:30 AM, however, teachers will not be available “live”. They will be engaged in planning with their colleagues. Students can still submit questions through email that will be answered as time permits. Tuesday thru Friday, students will have access to their teachers the first 20 minutes of the period.
- In lieu of daily announcements, we will be sending a weekly update on Fridays.
- Construction has continued during distance learning. Construction crews miss seeing the students everyday! See the video below with updates on the building.
- We have received many questions regarding activities, sports, prom and graduation. We will share information as soon as we have any updates.
- Every student should have a device for distance learning. If you are still in need of a chromebook, email your dean and we will make arrangements to provide you with one.
- April 7 (previously ACT day) will be a distance learning day for students. April 10 is a regularly scheduled no school day.
- This time is particularly difficult for our senior class. Mustang Stadium lights will be on at 20:20 (8:20 PM) every Monday for 20 minutes to honor the Class of 2020. An important reminder: Please do not gather near or under the stadium lights. Enjoy from afar, maintain proper social distancing, stay safe and keep others safe.
Let us know if there is anything we can do to support you or your student. We are truly in this together and are so appreciative of the Mustang community. Please be well!