Colts Express News
February 8, 2019
- Special Olympics Fundraiser: Thank you to all those that participated in the Special Olympics fundraiser last week. Our school met our goal of $2500 dollars! So, Mrs. Baird, Mrs. Marsters, and I will be taking the "Polar Plunge". After talking with several students, we have decided to take the plunge next week at school, so all the students can see. Thanks again for your support for Special Olympics!
- Congratulations!: Heather Wolf, our reading interventionist, won our 2019 teacher of the year! Anthony Boyd, an instructional assistant, won our 2019 Support Staff of the Year year! Congratulations to both of these excellent educators!
- Mouse and the Motorcycle: We are still collecting copies of the book if you would like to donate it. We plan to donate all copies to another school for other families to enjoy. You are welcome to keep your copy if you like.
- Father Daughter Dance: Our PTA is holding our annual "Father Daughter Dance" tonight from 6:30-8:30 pm in our cafeteria. Tickets can be purchased at the door for $5.
- Girls on the Run: The club will begin next week, and there is still room to join if there are students who want to participate. Click on the following link to signup for GOTR: https://www.raceplanner.com/register/index/SP19?sid=54fa9e030ab348c3b28f0accd1e8600f&fh=0
- Kindergarten Registration: Mark your calendars if you have a child who will be five years old by September 1. Kindergarten registration is planned for March 13 and March 14 from 8:30-1:30 each day. Please visit our website for more details.
Upcoming Important Dates
- 2/8: Father Daughter Dance 6:30-8:30
- 2/18-2/22: Random Acts of Kindness Week
- 2/18: President's Day - No School
- 2/22: School Club Pictures & 5th Grade Class Picture
- 3/13-3/14: Kindergarten Registration
Springfield Elementary School
Click on the SES button to be redirected to our school website for additional information.