Week of February 1
The vision of Rasor Elementary is to inspire our students to be lifelong learners and empower them to meet the challenges of the future, adapt to change, and exercise critical judgment, becoming global citizens capable of utilizing tomorrow's resources and technology responsibly.
Motto: Educate for success, inspiring excellence.
New: Project Based Learning PLC opportunity
- The district is looking to gather a group of like-minded professionals dedicated to exploring and connecting problem, project, authentic challenge, and inquiry-based learning;
- Thursday, February 18 at 3:30 at Academy High School
- This will be the first of 4 conversations that will take place
- Please register on My Learning Plan (so they know how many cookies to bring!)
Please remember to write the Good Books for the students and the Spotlights for teh teachers.
Who will win the Super Bowl! We would like students to take part in the following survey to see who they think will win - Carolina Panthers or Denver Broncos. We will use the survey to show how we can incorporate math into sports using a bar graph and a pie chart to show the results. Thanks, in advance for letting your students go online and vote. www.tinyurl.com/rasorsuperbowl
- Principal's Treasure Box items should arrive any day now. We will send out more information as soon as they come in. Thank you for your patience!
- We are also scheduling office helper, lunch with principal, and custodian helper.
Please upload any pictures you took of the STEM exhibit in this folder:
Please upload any pictures that you have taken from this year in these links. We will use these pictures for the yearbook.
Important February Dates
- Monday, February 1 - Data Dig (Follow up Data Dig today)
- Tuesday, February 2 - Team Mtg with Staci (short and sweet)
- Wednesday, February 3 - Regular Team Planning
- Thursday, February 4 - Team Leader Meeting (Chapter five)
- Friday, February 5 -RAH; Student Council family dance 6pm
- Monday, February 8 - Progress Reports
- Monday, February 8 - Data Dig (K-2 Meet w/ Peggy and Kathy, 3-5 Lynn)
- February 8-11 - Kindergarten parent conferences
- Thursday, February 11 - International Fair
- Friday, February 12 - Valentine Parties
- Monday, February 15 - Student Holiday and Professional Development (STAAR Security Training during the morning and TELPAS calibration afternoon)
- Monday, February 22 - Mini PLC's start
- Week of February 22 - Engineering Week
Articles Worth Reading
- How and Why Intrinsic Motivation Works
- Practical Ways to Develop Students’ Mathematical Reasoning
- Recognizing and Overcoming False Growth Mindset
- http://blogs.edweek.org Lessons from Abroad on Professional Learning
- 16 Inspirational Quotes From Children's Literature | Edutopia