The Bulldog Buzz!
Week of May 18, 2020
How will you CHANGE THE WORLD by sharing & supporting your opinion?
Weekly Updates/Plans Due
Monday, May 18th, 8am
Please update via OnCourse
- To the Bullock Faculty: My Chat & Chew block is still running during our period of remote learning! If you would like to dialog about any initiatives, share questions, talk D4 or just have a laugh...let me know and we can set-up a WebEx virtual meeting!
Hacking School Discipline PLC
Tuesday, May 19th, 9pm
This is an online event.
- Hack 5: Create a Growth Mindset
- Hack 6: Teach Mindfulness
Family Movie Night
Friday, May 22nd, 7pm
This is an online event.
- Join me for a virtual movie night! We will be watching Fantastic Mr. Fox! Be ready to compare/contrast with our read aloud!
- Click here to RSVP!
News & Notes
End-of-Year Updates: Thanks to everyone for a great round of team meetings this week. See below for minutes! If you have any questions, just let me know!
- We will be utilizing a google form for student placement cards this year.
- Report cards: Only comments on engagement will be submitted for T3. Please include Special Areas & BSI teams with comments. Report cards will be emailed on the 11th.
- Make-up Packets: All packets will be collected when we return to school in the fall.
- Laptop/Library Book returns & Item pick-ups will take place on Monday, June 22.
- Please note the change in Special Areas Video Chats (click here for the updated schedule)
Gr3 World Cultures Update: Friday, May 22nd @ 2 PM, Marysol Burgos, Environmental Engineer, will speak to our third grade students about her Green Career. Any third grade student interested in attending this session should reach out to Mrs. Castro for access code: email@example.com.
Student Engagement/Wellness Logs: To all teachers, don't forget to complete our weekly task completion logs. Please include students that have not completed any assignments this week on our google form. Students should not be added to the "wellness" list until you have made three (3) attempted phone calls.
Bullock's BOOM Board!
A big thank you to Sue Kornicki for her continued support with technology events and willingness to support us during this craziness!
- Karen, you're working so hard and doing such a great job!!
- Thanks, Joanne for supporting our groups!
- Thank you Amy for sharing your virtual learning platform with me so I could get intervention work set-up for some of my kiddos. They are really enjoying it. BOOM to you!
- Thank you Robyn for helping us to navigate the 3rd trimester scope and sequence for read alouds after being a little rusty from not doing 1st grade curriculum last year. Lol! BOOM to you!