Silver Creek Chronicle
Week of January 10th, 2022
From Mrs. Flemming
Our first week of 2022 is in the books and I can't tell you how wonderful it was to see your students walk through those doors Wednesday morning. The big smiles and big hugs were definitely missed! As we have grown together this year, I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your flexibility and continued support. Your sweet smiles in the pickup line and positive feedback mean the world.
SCIENCE FAIR UPDATE: There is a portion of the Science Fair packet that states an oral video recording. This is NOT necessary.
We are excited to see all of you at STEAM Night tomorrow from 5:30-6:30. This evening will be much like our Pajama Jam Literacy night with each grade level preparing fun, interactive activities for all ages. Please plan to park in the big parking lot and enter through the side doors.
We will also be showcasing our Science Fair projects in the cafeteria and announcing the winners at 6:15. Don't forget, all projects must be brought to campus no later than 2:00PM tomorrow.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me!
❤ Mrs. Flemming
Principal, Silver Creek Elementary
Spelling Bee Buzz
On Monday we will be announcing who is advancing to our school Spelling Bee. Those students will be coming home with a congratulations letter and the Spelling Bee Study List from Scripps along with a parent email.
Our oral spelling bee will be Friday, January 14, at 1:45. Parents are invited to attend. The winner of our spelling bee will be advancing to the area competition at Boswell High School on January 28.
Grade Level Weekly Newsletters
Please click on the grade level buttons below to see what your SC Camper is learning this week. (TIP: scroll to see more in each link!)
Exact Path - What is it!?
Please feel free to read more about Exact Path by clicking on the file below and ask your Camper how many trophies they have already earned.
From your SC PTO
Hello Silver Creek Family!
The PTO has been busy organizing some pretty awesome events! January started off hot with 2 winners for our front row parent pick up! Tia Kattau and Kate Webb no longer have to wait in line to get their kids! Thank you for all who bought tickets, your money will go towards our goal of creating a new fourth grade rock garden!
On January 21, we will be having our first cereal box dominions! This should be so much fun for the kids! Not only is a giant dominos fun to watch, all cereal boxes brought will be donated to our local Community Caring Center in Azle! Look for the flyer to go home this week!
Lastly, PTO is proud to hold our 2nd Valentine’s Day family fun night! The night will be on Feb. 11 from 6-8, bring your whole family for a night of food, games, photos, crafts and prizes! Please make sure to SIGN UP HERE to work a time slot at our February 11th Valentine's Family Night. It is going to be such a great time but we need your help!
As always, we LOVE our volunteers and we could not run PTO without ya’ll! Please follow us on FB or email us at email@example.com
Menus for the Week
- January 10: STEAM Night & Science Fair 5:30-6:30PM
- January 12: District Science Fair
- January 12: 2nd Nine Weeks Report Cards available online
- January 17: MLK Holiday - No school
- January 28: 100th day of School
- February 4: Progress Reports available online
- February 4: Staff Development - No School
- February 11: PBIS Event and House Dress Day
- February 11: Valentine's Family Night 6:00-8:00PM
- February 14: Valentine Day Card Exchange
- February 16: 4th Grade STAAR Sample Test
- February 21: Bad Weather Make-Up Day
- February 24: Spring/Class Photos
- February 25: Progress reports available online
- February 28-March 4: PBIS Store
- February 28-March 4: PBIS Store
- March 3: 1st Grade Music Program
- March 9: 3rd Grade Market Day
- March 10: Early Release
- March 10: Azle Showcase @ AHS
- March 11: No School - Staff Development
- March 14-18: No School - Spring Break
- March 23 & 24: 1st & 2nd Grade District Testing
- March 23 & 24: 3rd & 4th Interim STAAR Testing
- March 25: 3rd Nine Week Report Cards available online
- March 25: Success Rally and House Dress Day!
- April 6: Kindergarten Graduation Photos
- April 14: Progress reports available online
- April 14: PBIS Event and House Dress Day!
- April 15: Possible No School - Bad Weather Makeup Day
- April 18: No School - Staff Development
- April 21: 4th Grade Music Program
- May 2- May 6: Teacher Appreciation
- May 2- May 6: PBIS Store
- May 6: Progress reports available online
- May 10: STAAR Testing Begins
- May 20: Success Rally & House Dress Day!
- May 25: Lat Day of School - Early Release
- June 3: End of Year Report Cards available online.
**DATES AND TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE!**