Glencairn Castle Time Travel Tour!
Back By Popular Demand!
Travel back in time...
Learning Objectives: This interactive school program teaches students about life in a medieval castle and how religion of the Middle Ages was woven into many aspects of the medieval world. Using "magical hourglasses," students travel back to the 1200s to meet castle characters, such as a king, queen, knight, servant, monk or nun, who teach them about stained glass windows, castle defense, the knighting ceremony, weapons, medieval featuring and medieval virtues.
(Please be aware your student will be separated into a grade specific group designed specifically for educational levels for part of the time travel tour)
Purpose of Outing: Educational & Social
OLS Hours: 2 hours of History
Glencairn Castle & Bryn Athyn Cathedral Trip!
Friday, Oct. 30th, 10:15am-1pm
1001 Cathedral Rd
Bryn Athyn, PA
If wheelchairs are needed - please notify me in advance so arrangements can be made.
**Please pay with exact change upon signing in the day of the event with FSC Schaffer. I will not have enough money on me to make change for everyone.**
- 10:15-10:25 Family Sign in and admission payment collection.
- 10:25-10:45 Introduction and divide into grade appropriate groups
- 10:45 -11:30 Castle Tour or Stained Glass Program (depending on group)
- 11:30-11:35 Switch groups in Great Hall
- 11:35-12:20 Castle Tour or Stained Glass Program (depending on group)
- 12:20-1:00 Brown Bag lunch in basement of Castle & the museum shop cart will be brought out!
Please send ALL ANSWERS (1-5) from your parent school email account to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. PA Virtual students’ full names, grades & homeroom teacher’s name
2. Full name of Adult Chaperone attending (one adult chaperone per student)
3. Names, ages of additional children (no children under 5 years of age please).
4. How many total in your group?
5. Any severe allergies or medical conditions I should be reminded about?
6. Is this your first year at PA Virtual?
Reminder for all PA Virtual Events:
1. In consideration of our students with serious allergies, please refrain from bringing nut (food) products and balloons.
2. As always, to limit the spread of possible flu, please do not attend a PAVCS event if you have had a fever within 24 hours of the event.
3. For safety: All student need to be accompanied by a parent or learning coach. All student must wear shoes/sneakers for the entire school event and please refrain from bringing pets.
4. If there is a possibility of severe weather, please check Blackboard the day of the event in case the even is cancelled due to weather.
5. All PAVCS events are tobacco free.