CELEBRATING RELIGIOUS DIVERSITY
Eight dimensions of religious traditions
- Beliefs- An acceptance that something exists or is true, even without proof of it being true or real.
- Sacred stories- Myths, oral traditions, scriptures, stories how to live life.
- Religious experience- Individuals experience, immediate experience(a personal connection), Mediated experience(contact through other people, places, objects) like mass, candles etc.
- Religious ritual- Are repeated practices, traditions with significant meaning.
- Social structure- Hierarchy, leaders, different events within the religion and places.
- Sacred text- Prayers,texts, writing messages, sacred-significant, important, papal, letters and documents.
- Religious ethics- Values, right and wrong,morals and guidelines.
- Sacred symbols- Object or image that represents something.
- The word "Ecumenical" means "Universal".
The Ecumenical movement is trying to unite all christian-long process as there are some differences that they some don't want to change.
Today the Ecumenical Movement has become a search for Unity.
To build one world wide united Church.
- The word ecumenism is the principle or aim of promoting unity among the world's Christian Churches.
- The Ecumenical Movement,with the aim to work towards the unity of all Christian denominations, was originally a protestant initiative and was started in 1910.