Clear Creek High School Updates
November 3, 2023
Veterans Day Ceremony
We will have our annual Veterans Day Ceremony on Friday, November 10th. Please see the attached invitation for more information. There is not an alternate location for students during this ceremony; all students and staff are required to attend. We request that everyone wear red, white, and/or blue on Friday. We look forward to honoring those in our community who have served and continue to serve our great nation. The bell schedule for the day is attached below. In the event of inclement weather, we will reschedule the celebration.
Update from Child Nutrition
Early voting for CCISD VATRE & Bond 2023 is underway until November 3.
Election Day is November 7.
Proposition A, if approved, maintains funding for staff, school safety, utilities, and student programs.
Proposition B, if approved, will provide funding for building repairs and equipment replacements for our school buildings. Visit this link to see what projects are included for our school.
Proposition C is a proposal to maintain the current one computer per student program in CCISD, which was initially approved by voters in 2013. If approved, the measure will also fund assistive technology for students with special needs.
Please visit www.ccisd.net/electioncentral to learn more about what is on the ballot, watch this video discussion on the election with Superintendent Karen Engle, and find the closest polling location near you.
Semester Exam Information
Semester Exams are December 18th-21st. The schedule is attached below and available on Canvas. Exams will not be given early. If a student is going to miss an exam, they need to make arrangements to make up the exam when we return from winter break on January 9th. Exam exemption criteria is also attached.
Reminders about Semester Exam Week:
- Buses will run @ 2:35 PM on December 18th - 20th.
- Students who choose to remain on campus for study review sessions in the afternoon MUST report to a classroom and remain there for the entire period. NO ROAMING HALLWAYS!
- Lunch served on December 18th - 20th. No lunch served on December 21st.
- Early Release – December 21st - buses will run at 11:30.
Updates for Seniors
Seniors who are signed up for senior pictures on November 7th. The location has changed to the library. Students will need to enter at the library doors near the bus lane. This is the last opportunity for seniors to take their yearbook picture on campus. To schedule, go to: www.cady.com/booking
Seniors who have not ordered their cap & gown please order them from Balfour at Balfourgrad.com. Remember the price will increase as you get closer to graduation. If you have any questions, please see Ms. Richardson in the C100’s.
Here are a few reminders from our attendance office including ways that you can assist us in ensuring that your student's attendance is accurate.
- Please provide student’s full name as it appears in Skyward on all absence notes.
- Notes for students absences must be received within 3 days of the student's return to campus. They may be submitted via Parent Portal in Skyward, a handwritten note may be dropped off at the attendance office or emailed to CCHSATTENDANCE@CCISD.NET.
- Students should deliver excuse notes to the attendance office at the beginning of the day, during lunch, or after school.
- We prefer a handwritten note be provided to the attendance office at the beginning of the day if your child needs to be released from school early.
- Absence requests may be submitted via the Parent Portal in Skyward with a minimum of 2 hours advance notice.
- Handwritten notes with a copy of your driver’s license may be attached to an email and sent to CCHSATTENDANCE@CCISD.NET to request student release with a minimum of 2 hours advance notice.
- If students leave campus without checking out through the attendance office, or return and do not check in through the attendance office, absences will be unexcused.
Football Booster Fundraisesr
Creek Football is hosting a raffle for a chance to win one of five great prizes:
- Weekend Beach House in Galveston
- Dinner for two at Pier 6 w/transportation
- Autographed Astros Baseball -- Yordan Alvarez
- $250 Amazon Gift Card
- $250 Amazon Gift Car
Tickets will be sold at all varsity and sub varsity football games. !00% of funds raised are earmarked for the scholarship fund. Please consider supporting our Wildcat Student-Athletes!
Wildcat Families -- Did you know that our school has a Parent, Teacher, and Student Association (PTSA)? We are not the PTA you remember from elementary school but do have a large impact on the students and staff at Creek. We encourage you, your student(s), your friends, and families in our community to join us in our mission "To make every child's potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children" by becoming a member of our PTSA.
Please go to www.joinPTA.org to join. If you would like more information about what the Clear Creek PTSA is doing at the school you can also find us on Facebook at Clear Creek High School PTSA or email us at CCHSPTSA01@gmail.com.
Reflections has been a staple arts program in many schools for over 50 years. Through the efforts of our Local PTAs, millions of students have found a creative outlet in the areas of dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography, and visual arts.
With positive recognition as the focus of this program, rather than competition, students of all ages and abilities can experience the benefits of creative expression and help in finding their own voice in telling their unique story.
Click Here for more information. Physical entries are also available in the Creek library. The student or at least one person from their primary household must be a current member of the Local PTA/PTSA where the student is participating. The deadline to turn in entries to the library is November 6th.
Community Service Hours Award
Beginning Fall, 2023, CCHS PTSA is sponsoring an opportunity for students to receive a varsity letter/letter jacket based on community service hours. Please see the attached application for details. Questions, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org