Procedures, Rules, Materials, and Syllabus
Prerequisites: Biology and Algebra I or Algebra IA/IB
3 ring binder with loose leaf paper
Composition notebook with graph paper
One roll of paper towels
3x5 index cards (100)
- Respect the people and furnishings of S233
- Sit in your assigned seat
- Follow directions the first time given
- No personal grooming in class
Week 2 Chapter 1 Matter and Change
Week 3 Chapter 2 Measurements and Calculations
Week 4 Chapter 3 Atoms: Building Blocks of Matter
Week 5 Chapter 3 Atoms: Building Blocks of Matter
Weeks 6&7 Chapters 4 and 5 Arrangement of Electrons in Atoms and the Periodic Law
Week 8 Chapter 6 Chemical Bonding
Week 9 Chapter 7 Chemical Formulas and Chemical Compounds
Week 10 Chapter 8 Chemical Equations and Reactions
Weeks 11&12 Chapter 9 Stoichiometry
Weeks 13&14 Chapter 10 States of Matter
Week 15 Chapter 12 Solutions
Week 16 Chapter 13 Ions in Aqueous Solutions and Colligative Properties
Week 17 Chapters 14 &15 Acids and Bases
Week 18 Review and Final Exam
- 40% DAILY GRADE
- 60% TEST GRADE
1st offense: Verbal Warning
2nd offense: Assignment
3rd offense: Detention
4th offense: Office Referral
Based on the severity of the offense, this guideline may be altered as needed.
Expectations for device use:
1. Students will use only the device for educational purposes as instructed by the teacher.
2. Students' devices must be connected to the school's network.
3. Students not following expectations for use of personal devices will face school disciplinary measures.
Students are not required to bring outside technology to school. Assignments will be structured so that no student will be left out of the instructional process.