It is time to RISE and ROAR!
August 10, 2022
It is time to RISE and ROAR!
Tomorrow (8/11/2022) is the first official day of the 22/23 school year.
This is a full-day schedule for all students. Bell Schedule
* All students will begin in Pathways.
- If your student does not yet have access to their schedule, we will have staff members all around the school to assist them with finding their class.
* All students should bring their school supplies with them.
- Pathways teachers will be working through the process of assigning lockers. It still may be a few days before they have lockers, however, they will be able to give all community supplies to their Pathways teacher. This is going to be the first time for all of our ROYALS at Quist to use the lockers and it is going to take some time to adjust.
* Student Fees:
- All enrolled students are charged standard enrollment fees totaling $85.00. Additional fees can apply for specific Electives/Explore Learning courses, Activities and Athletics. All student accounts must be current to participate in Activities and Athletics.
* Chromebooks will not be distributed until next week.
This week's learning will focus on building relationships and getting back into school routines. Students will become familiar with their schedule, review course specific, and expectations of all ROYALS outlined in our Quist Handbook.
- We strongly encourage all families to review the Quist Handbook, as it outlines what you can expect from Quist concerning Attendance, Grading, Behavior Recognition, Discipline, and Dress Code Guidelines.
Please mark your calendars: 30-minute parent orientation sessions
covering this information during Back to School Night on August 25th 530p-7p
Nutrition Services (Breakfast / Lunch)
During the pandemic, we were able to feed all students breakfast and lunch for free through USDA waivers. The USDA has not continued the waivers to feed all students, so beginning in August, school meals will no longer be free for all students during the '22-'23 School Year.
Any questions about the Free and Reduced application, please call
Schedule Change Requests
22-23 Middle School Athletics
The Fall middle school athletics seasons offer opportunities for our 7th and 8th grade Football, Volleyball, and Basketball athletes. Registration will open on August 1st-15th for Football and Volleyball. New this year, to reduce cost, we will be using a Google Form for registration. Details on how to register will be shared with a link to the form on August 1st.
Some important points to note and prepare for registration…
Athletics Fees have increased to $150, all school fees including the athletics fee must be paid before participation. Fees for registered students will be applied after registration closes on August 15th.
Financial Assistance is determined by completion of the 22-23 Free and Reduced Meal program. Be sure to complete the application for eligibility consideration.
You will need your athlete's current physical (within the past 12 months) to upload OR you can bring it into the office.
We are looking forward to great seasons and a great year!
Catherine "Kate" Brown
C: (720) 507-6209 - Google Voice (can receive text messages)
Chromebooks will be distributed during the first two weeks of school in Pathways. There have been a number of changes to the 27J School District policies. This will be covered with students when their devices are distributed. At that time, we will also send home copies of the detailed policies. For now, I would like to highlight some key points and changes that have been shared by our Technology Department.
Lost/Stolen Chromebook: The cost to replace a lost device is $335.00. We will make every effort to support students in locating their devices. If a device is not found within 30 days the full fee will be applied to their account. Students are expected to keep their devices, including the charger safe and secure at all times.
Intentional Damages VOID Warranty: Students will be charged the full replacement cost $335.00 (ie, removing keys, writing, drawing, personalizing with stickers, or the case has been removed).
After the 3rd Chromebook replacement, the student's account will be charged $335.00 for future replacements.
Cell Phones are a distraction to the learning environment and something we want to remove as an obstacle between students and their teachers. We continue to ask for your support of our school policies regarding cell phones. The ROYALS community policy is out of sight, which means devices should be silenced and stored in their bag or locker, unless essential for documented medical purposes. If a family needs to contact their student in the event of a critical situation, they can contact the main office at 303-655-6950 where we can get their student.
Food Delivery Services
Food Delivery Services have become a popular option and propose challenges related to safety, security, and staff resources. Because of this, these services are not allowed. Students have the option of packing/bringing a lunch, having a parent/guardian drop off items, or purchasing lunch in the cafeteria. No food delivery services will be permitted to drop off items for students unless it is for the purpose of approved school activities.