Colerain All Stars Newsletter
Week of Jan 10th
***NEW: Family-School Relationships Survey
Our District values feedback from families, and we would like to learn more about your child’s school experience this year. CCS is collecting responses for a Family-School Relationships Survey to learn how we can better support our community during the rest of the school year and beyond.
Parents and guardians, please take 10-15 minutes to complete the Family-School Relationships Survey. You will have between January 10th and January 28th to complete. Families with children at more than one school should complete one survey for their oldest child in each school.
To access the survey, families can visit surveys.panoramaed.com/ccsoh/family and select their child’s school. Select your student’s school from the dropdown menu and click “Take this survey.” All responses are completely anonymous and will help us to plan programs, resources, and services for the remainder of this school year.
- ***NEW: School Work Help - "We've Got You" - see flyer below
- ***NEW: Family-School Relationships Survey Session - To learn more about the survey, please attend the Family and Community Engagement Meeting that will be conducted on Thursday, January 20th, from 6:00 pm until 7:00 pm. The Meeting ID is 856 5868 9485. There is no Passcode. Arabic and Spanish translators will be available. Do not miss out on this very informative session.
- Request to Return to Homeschool Application: Accepted via the Parent Portal Wednesday, January 5, 2022 through Tuesday, March 22, 2022. - this applies to our lottery and overflow families.
- Drop Off & Pick Up - Please be courteous by honoring the 20 mph school zone during drop off and pick up. Also, Weisheimer is 25 mph at all times. This will help ensure the safety of our students, families, and neighbors.
- NO SCHOOL - January 17th - 19th (for MLK, PD, & Records Days)
- FEED-A-FRIEND - Wednesday, January 26th - please drop off food donations to Room 17 by the morning of so the 3rd Graders have time to sort and distribute.
- New Resources - posted in "Community Resources" section below
- Remote Learning - Just a reminder that Clever is the web portal that contains all the remote learning applications. To access, go to www.clever.com/in/columbuscity. Click “Log in with Active Directory,” and you will be prompted to enter your CCS credential. You will be redirected to your portal and your apps will appear in your Clever portal.
PBIS Tier I Practices - "ZONES OF REGULATION"
Sensory, Self-Regulation and Social-Problem Solving Skills are taught school-wide through our Colerain Zoom Morning announcements plus through whole-class instruction provided by school counselor, school psychologist and occupational therapists using the Zones of Regulation framework
Fathers at the Education Table
Advocates for Educational Equity & Excellence is putting on a FREE session for fathers who live in Franklin County, who have students in grades K-12, who have a disability, and are receiving special education services.
The session is scheduled to run from Jan 10th, 2022 through June 2022 and will focus on advocacy skills and how children with disabilities learn differently.
For more information or to sign up, call 614-579-7858
Virtual Family Engagement Sessions
"Parent Portal" - We want to help you stay engaged in your child’s education by setting up and signing into the Columbus City Schools Parent Portal. Join our Virtual Family Engagement Session this Tuesday when we show step-by-step how you can securely access valuable information on your student’s teacher contact, grades and schedules, attendance, and missed assignments.
- Tuesday, January 11, 6:00-7:00 p.m. – Please click here to RSVP for this session (https://forms.gle/whQaGgnP4ZUcRqMU7).
"Safer Together - Part 1" - Our Thursday Virtual Family Engagement Session will be the first in a Safer Together series aimed at helping parents who might need tips or strategies on how to talk about safety with their children. Our partners at the Africentric Personal Development Shop, Inc. (APDS) will share advice and answer questions like: What should a parent do if they suspect their child is involved with the wrong crowd? How do you talk to them about fight videos on social media? When should a parent report suspicious activity to our schools or to the police? We know these can be tough questions for some parents.
- Thursday, January 13, 6:00-7:00 p.m. – Please click here to RSVP for this session (https://forms.gle/9y4QtNxNDKexrMhm9).
***NEW: 2021-2022 Enrollment Is Open Now
You must complete the enrollment process first before you can select lottery schools
- Child must be 4 years old by Sept. 30, 2022
- 1/2 day and full day General Education and Special Education options
- Space is limited, so apply ASAP
- Families must transport students to and from pre-k unless they are served by special ed
- Click here to start enrollment
- Child must be 5 years old by Sept. 30, 2022
- Click here to start enrollment
Documents Required To Be Uploaded During Enrollment
- Birth Certificate, (I-94 or Passport acceptable)
- Address verification (i.e. recent gas, water, electric bill, Lease, or employment records, payroll stub with name & address listed)
- Immunization History
- Parent Photo ID
- Custody Documents (if applicable)
- IEP/MFE (if applicable)
- TB Results (if born outside the US or traveled outside the US for more than 60 days within the last 5 years) TB results must be from the United States.
- Previous grade card, transcript, and test scores (if applicable)
- Early Education Eligibility Screen Tool (Pre-K Only)
- Proof of Income (Pre-K Only)
Enrollment FAQs: https://www.ccsoh.us/Page/2754
- Ohio Department of Health: https://gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov/
- Columbus Public Health: https://www.columbus.gov/c19vax/
- Children's Hospital: https://www.nationwidechildrens.org/family-resources-education/health-wellness-and-safety-resources/covid-19/vaccine
- Your Pediatrician: call them to see if they are providing vaccines yet
- ***NEW: Joseph's Coats (& household goods)
- ***NEW: Children's Advocacy Project
- ***NEW: Cota Plus (rides to and from your home...accessible vehicles per request)
- Black Mental Health
- Tutoring Resources
- Action for Children
- CCS Website
- CCS Parent Portal
- CCS Peach Jar Flyers (community resources)
- CCS School Year Calendar
- CCS Virtual Family Engagement Sessions (current and archived sessions)
- CCS Translated Documents
- CCS Health Hub
- CCS Quarantine Guidelines (and Flow Chart)
- Special Ed Parent Mentor Program
Colerain Family Ambassador - Matt Dixon
The Family Ambassador is a liaison that facilitates partnerships, between families and the school, that support student academic success and well being.
If you have any questions, ideas, or feedback, please reach out to me either phone or email.