Week of: April 30 - May 4
This week has been a week full of INCREDIBLE Activities! The instruction, engagement and field day fun made this past week one for the books! As we embark on a week of state assessments it is important to remind ALL of our students of the expectations throughout the building. This next week is truly game time and an opportunity for students to show what they know! I believe in each of you and know that our students will make it happen this week!
With an intentional focus of consistency on being curious & crazy for kids you will ALWAYS find a culture that is student focused!
Have a great week!
- May 16 - Kona Ice - Students will be able to purchase during Recess
- May 18 - Grades Due
- May 21 - District Field Day (RHHS)
- May 23 - Last Day of School - Report Cards & MAP Reports to be sent home.
- May 24 - Joy Crowley's Retirement Breakfast - 7:30 AM - MES
- May 25 - Checklists Due - Last Day Of Teacher Schedule
GMAS Lunch Schedule - Follow ALL of Week 1 and only Monday-Wednesday for Week 2.
Below I have listed a few reminders so that they can be kept at the forefront as you plan and execute your daily tasks!
- Need a Substitute? Be sure that you have entered your absence in AESOP as well as notified your grade level admin and Ms. Lane! Personal Leave will not be approved without 3 days notice - Substitutes are a hot commodity and should be secured in advance if you are utilizing personal leave. *Emergency Sub Plans should always be prepared in the case you have an emergency!
- Money? Please ensure that all money is accounted for daily and that it never stays in your room overnight. MyPaymentsPlus has been a big help with this, but we still need to be cognizant of this as we collect money.
- Lunch - Please be on time, the flow and cleaning procedures are not able to flow efficiently and effectively when students are not picked up on time. Thank you in advance!
- Communication w/Parents -If a student is consistently not meeting the expectation whether it be academically or behaviorally please be certain you are contacting those parents by phone and that you are able to talk to an actual person and not an answering machine.We are a team and will work together to support the needs of our students, if you have questions or need assistance please let me know! NO Surprises!
Have an INCREDIBLE Week!
Making Moves at McAllister with some of our newest Wildcats and those serving in new roles!
- Holland McGilvray - Paraprofessional
- Brittany Nearhoof - Art Teacher
- Grace Carpenter - Drama Teacher
- Bailey Crawford - Pre-K Teacher
- Taylor Bocook - K Teacher
- Lisa Jackson - K Teacher
- Holly Patselas - K Teacher
- Shannon Bateman - 1st Grade
- Sarah Welsh - 1st Grade
- Tiffany Yant - 1st Grade
- Lindsey Hagberg - 2nd Grade
- Amanda Reynolds - 3rd Grade
- Sarah Goolsby - 3rd Grade
- Michael Morris - 5th Grade
- Sheila Hicks - Gifted Resource
- Mary Waters - EIP Resource
- Kathleen Flynn - Data Clerk
- Sonal Reed - Secretary
Making Moves at McAllister
- Have you taken a gander at the INCREDIBLE artwork at the Media Center Entrance? Kudos to Ms. Kornegay, Ms. Shultz, Ms. Hursey, Ms. Baker, Ms. Congdon, Ms. Nobles and some amazing parent volunteers for inspiring our students!
- Field Day is always an INCREDIBLE Day - A BIG thank you to Coach Anderson, Coach Moon and RHHS Coach Levi Sybert!
- As if these ladies don't already give 110% at school, but also sacrificed many weeknights and Saturdays to complete their gifted endorsement - A Major Kudos to: Lindsey Barr, Jessica Howell, Jennifer Loncon, Rita Vasquez & Emily Dixon! Way to go, this is simply INCREDIBLE!
- Need a shot of Positivity? Visit Ms. Stubbs, she always wears a BIG smile on her face and can brighten up any room! We are glad to have you as part of the McAllister Team!
- Ms. Fanning is making year 1 as an educator look like year 25 - She is killing it in and outside of the classroom! Love seeing the connections she makes with ALL her students!
Resources that you may find useful...
Twitter Chats - Can't Get Enough? Check here for ALL opportunities to connect with PLN's worldwide discussing ALL things awesome in Education. https://sites.google.com/site/twittereducationchats/education-chat-calendar
In a school of over 120 it can be hard to know everyone's name...Have you had a chance to look at the staff directory where pictures of our staff members can be located?
Click here & start welcoming others into your class to see the amazing things you are doing!
Click this link to see all of the awesome things our teachers have posted on twitter this week. Always remember to use the #MESrocks when posting to keep these items united!