April 26, 2022 - Issue 18
What's Good in 109: Honoring Our Staff Next Week!
Take a minute to write your child's teacher next week and show them some love! Check out our social media as well for pictures of all the fun surprises next week!
Fee Credits For Next Year
DPS 109 families that paid a milk fee and 5th-grade outdoor education fee for the 2021-2022 school year will have a credit applied to their Family Access account for 2022-2023 fees in the following circumstances:
- Milk fees - credited the $55 fee for the 2021-2022 school year towards fees for the 2022-2023 school year.
- For parents of 8th-grade students, you will receive a reimbursement check in the mail by the end of June.
- 5th grade parents/guardians - a credit for the $60 outdoor education fee will be applied to the balance due for their 6th-grade year.
Payments/credits cannot be expedited, and will be applied to the balances for the 2022-2023 school year. Those who received a waiver for milk fees will not receive a credit. If you have questions, contact Rosa Castillo, District Office Receptionist at (847) 945-1844, x 7221, and firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch "Chasing Childhood" Now & Join Us For A Community Conversation Featuring A 109 Alum Next Week!
There's also an opportunity to attend an in-person community conversation about the film on Tuesday, May 3rd at Shepard from 6:30-8 p.m. A featured speaker on our panel that evening will be Haley Epstein, a Walden, Shepard, and DHS alum and founder of the "It's Okay To Not Be Okay" movement. Haley will share how her experiences in this community impacted her childhood.
Click below to sign up to watch the documentary and/or participate in the in-person conversation!
Board Meeting Recap & Recording
Upcoming Dates to Know
- April 27: 440 Joint Board Meeting (Districts 106, 109, 112, 113) @ Northwood MS in Highland Park, 7 pm -> Meeting info here: https://meetings.boardbook.org/Public/Organization/1747
- May 2-6: Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week
- May 3: Chasing Childhood community conversation at Shepard
- May 6: Kindergarten roundup at Walden
- May 10: Next edition of 109 News