The Hornets' Weekly Buzzzzz!
Important information for the week of December 14th
Together EARHART Achieves More
· Our main purpose is to improve student academic achievement.
· Effective Instruction makes the most difference in student academic performance.
· There is no excuse for poor quality instruction.
· With our help, at risk students will achieve at the same rate as non-at risk students.
· Staff members must have a commitment to children and a commitment to the pursuit of excellence.
What's Buzzing this Week...
- ACP: Math (Grades K-5)
- On the 5th day before the break....(Listen to the announcements)
- Instructional Calendars are due
- All Secret Santa participants must complete and turn in forms today!!!!
- Job Hire Fair(Ms. Hudson and Ms. Thornhill)
Tuesday: (Deadline for Canned Food Drive)
- ACP: Reading (Grades K-5)
- On the 4th day before the break...(Listen to the announcements)
- Faculty Meeting @4:15
Wednesday : (Ugly Christmas Sweater Day)
- ACP: Science (Grades 3-5)
- Lesson Plans (1st week of the 4th six weeks) are due
- On the 3rd day before the break...(Listen to the announcements)
- Secret Santa goodies begin....
Thursday : (STAFF Acknowledgement of Policy in Oracle - Due today)
- ACP: Language Arts (Grades 3-5)
- On the 2nd day before the break...(Listen to the announcements)
- Staff Holiday Luncheon
- PTA-Holiday Program @6 p.m.
- Secret Santa goodies continue...
Friday : (Polar Express Reading Day)
- On the last day before the break...(Listen to the announcements)
- Secret Santa reveal
- Holiday Class celebrations begin at 2:00 p.m.
Enjoy your Winter Break!
All staff return, Monday, January 4, 2016.
Polar Express Reading Day
In order to encourage our students to read during the holiday break, staff and visitors will share their favorite stories with students. I am asking that you take 15 minutes of your planning to go and read to another class. A sign-up sheet will be available in the main office tomorrow after testing is complete.
To help celebrate the joy of reading, children (staff too) will be able to wear “school appropriate” pajamas for the occasion.
STAFF Attendance Audits - This Week
Dr. Daniels and myself will conduct attendance audits for teachers and staff beginning Tuesday, December 15, 2015. During this audit, we will conference with each individual staff on your attendance for the 1st semester. Before the conference, you will receive a document with a total of absences and late arrivals that we have on file. Prepare any documentation to support excessive absences (if applicable).
We want to get your students excited about reading. Please help your students pick out a book they can read over the break.
EXAMS/Grades - VERY IMPORTANT!!!!
Per district policy, you must have at least 2 grades recorded in your gradebook for each student. Also, see below:
- Pre K-2 no exam grades are required; for grade 2 the average will be for the 3 six weeks
- Grades 3-5 must have an exam grade, for grades where ACP is administered the ACP grade will be loaded into the exam grade on Grade Speed and Chancery.
- Teachers must enter a semester exam grade on Grade Speed for the course not tested.
Donation from the Rotary Club of Dallas
What's Happening in the Hornet's Nest...
Students learned about proportions and symmetry as they learned how to draw a self-portrait.
What does it mean to be a consumer?
PreK students are learning about what it means to be a consumer. Students were asked to draw a picture of a fruit or vegetable their parents have purchased in the store that could also be found on a farm.
The Stinging Hornet's Robot
Earhart's robotics club competed in it's 3rd competition. The Stinging Hornet's finished the day with 118 points. That's an 83 point increase from the last competition. Way to go Hornets!