LAF Email Blast
LAF Community Service for December
The Market Street Mission helps the poor and needy in Morris County by assisting individuals overcome homelessness, addiction and poverty. Let's help the Market Street Mission help others by bringing in supplies to keep those less fortunate warm and clean this winter.
The shelter is currently low on men's toiletries (Stick deodorant, Disposable razors & shaving cream, Shampoo, conditioner, soap & lotion, Toothpaste, dental floss & toothbrushes, Foot & baby powder, Q-tips) and Men's scarves. Please help spread hope and joy this holiday season by donating one of these items. Bins will be located in the LAF lobby and the High School Auditorium lobby and will be delivered to the Market Street Mission after the holiday concert.
Report Card Information
The first trimester report card will be available for parent viewing on December 18th. Please see below for a summary of how to interpret the LAF Standards Based Report Card. A more comprehensive explanation can be found on our website (http://www.chatham-nj.org/domain/1589).
Your child’s teachers have been engaging in meaningful conversations throughout the marking period about expectations and meeting academic goals as we continue our transition to Standards Based Report Cards. The Lafayette Standards Based Report Card’s Indicators of Student Performance have been revised since last year and are different than the Chatham K-3 elementary schools. The Lafayette indicators for academic performance are numbered one through four. The Indicators noted on the final report card are a compilation of scores from student work that includes assignments, activities, classwork, assessments and teacher observations of student performance in class. An abbreviated explanation of the indicators can be found below. Please visit the website for a more comprehesive understanding (http://www.chatham-nj.org/domain/1589.
- 4 = Exceeds Grade Level Standards - Indicates that a student's performance is above grade level standards
- 3 = Meets Grade Level standards and 2 = Approaching Grade Level Standards - A "3" or "2" indicates that a student is working within grade-level expectations.
- 1 = Below Grade Level Standards - indicates that a student is significantly below grade level standards.
- NA = Not applicable at this time (Content has not been taught)
4th & 5th Grade Holiday Concerts!!!
It's Concert Time!
- Wednesday, December 16th: 5th Grade Concert, 1:30 pm and 7:00 pm.
- Thursday, December 17th: 4th Grade Concert, 1:30 pm and 7:00 pm.
Students should wear white button-down shirts, black skirts or pants and black shoes.
Library Volunteers Needed
Brrrr, the frost in in the air and the library has become a busy place during lunch recess! Do you have a free hour or two to spare? The library is looking for volunteers to work midday shifts Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. We are flexible! Please contact Stefanie Haberman firstname.lastname@example.org or Whitnie Storey email@example.com if you can help. Thank you.
Pizza Day Volunteers Needed
The LAF PTO is looking for volunteers to help serve pizza and beverages to our students on Pizza Day - December 18th from 10:40-1 pm. It's a great way to get a glimpse into your children's lunchtime routine. Please follow the link and directions below to sign up on Volunteer Spot. As always, thanks for supporting our LAF community.
We're using VolunteerSpot (the leading online Sign-up and reminder tool) to organize our upcoming Sign-ups.
Here's how it works in three (3) easy steps:
1) Click this link to see our Sign-Up on VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/pyxG9V
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It's Easy - you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on VolunteerSpot.
Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone.