Lincoln Crossing Colt Connection
June 2, 2019
Mrs. Hladun's Tidings
It's hard to believe that another year is coming to a close. This year, your child/ren have grown socially, emotionally and academically. They've explored new interests, developed a deeper sense of themselves and expanded their skills in math, science, reading, writing, social studies, music, art and more. The end of the year bring with it lots of activities and preparation for next year...so before we launch into all of that, THANK YOU for entrusting us with your children every day. It's been a wonderful year.
PROOF OF RESIDENCY
As you know, LCES is incredibly impacted. To that end, all proof of residency documents are due by August 9, 2019. Acceptable documentation is a utility bill from June, July, or August 2019. Click here to see the letter that went home this past week.
EARLY RELEASE SCHEDULE ALL WEEK:
School is on Monday schedule (1:40 release) every day the week of 6/3-6/7. Please plan ahead with pick up plans and after school care! We provide after school supervision until 2 pm.
We love celebrating our Colts' achievements throughout the year. Your child's teacher(s) will let you know if he/she is receiving an end of the year award. Each grade level offers awards in various categories, which may include attendance, reading, academic achievement and citizenship. Find the details about the awards below - different grades are being awards on different dates/times (we apologize for the inconvenience to our working families!).
5th GRADE CLAP OUT - FRIDAY AT 1:40 pm:
One of our annual traditions on the last day of school is when our 1st-4th graders create a tunnel from the 5th grade building to the front gate at 1:30 or so. We'll 'clap out' our 5th graders at 1:40 as they exit school for the last time.
Families - feel free to keep the tunnel going from the black gate onto the front patio! Please note that traffic on Friday afternoon is likely to be crazier (than normal!). Please walk if you can, and be patient and safe!
ONLINE SCHOOL SUPPLY ORDERING:
Our PTC has partnered with 1st Day School Supplies to minimize the summertime school supply shopping hassle! Visit www.1stdayschoolsupplies.com to get your order started. All online orders must be placed by June 30th. View a flier with some basic info here. You can always purchase supplies on your own. Find the whole school supply list here. Supplies are always optional, but much appreciated!
Applications for the 2019-20 program are available now and due to the office by 4 pm on Wed., 6/5. You can find the application here or in our calendar. Contact Mrs. Adams with any questions.
Thank you - Open House & Colt Gathering
Trimester 3 Awards
Your teacher will let you know if your child will be honored at our awards ceremony, but if you want to put the date/time in your calendar, click here or find information below:
Monday, June 3rd:
- 1st grade - 8:20 am
- 2nd grade - 9:05 am
- 3rd grade - 10 am
Wednesday, June 5th:
- 4th grade - 10:20 am
Thursday, June 6th:
- 5th grade - during their breakfast at approximately 9 am (your teacher will provide details)
Friday, June 7th:
- Kindergarten - during their end of year celebration (your teacher will provide details)
Colts Have Talent (Show) & PTC BBQ
Wed., 6/5, 4:30pm in the MPR/Blacktop
Our Colts are a talented bunch - come check out their singing, dancing, comedy and more - doors open at 4:15 and the show begins at 4:30 pm. Tickets are $2 for adults and $1 for children and will be sold at the door.
Immediately following (around 6 pm) will be our annual PTC Family Night and BBQ - featuring the WatchDOGS obstacle course, APEX's DJ JJ on tunes, a free BBQ and playground games! There is no cost for families to come to the BBQ!
Week of June 3rd:
- All Week: You can order your 2019-20 school supplies online - click here!
- Week of 6/3: Early Release Schedule all week - 1:40 pm release time
- Mon., 6/3: College Dress Up Day
- Mon., 6/3: Tri 3 awards for grades 1, 2 and 3
- Mon., 6/3, 1 pm: Leadership Ambassador Council meeting
- Mon., 6/3, 2-4 pm: Talent Show Rehearsal
- Tues., 6/4: Book Character Dress Up Day
- Tues., 6/4, lunchtime: Leadership Ambassador Action Team Meeting (Beautification & Kindness)
- Wed., 6/5: 80's Dress Up Day
- Wed., 6/5: Tri 3 awards for grade 4
- Wed., 6/5, lunchtime: Leadership Ambassador Action Team Meeting (Cares)
- Wed., 6/5, 4:30 pm: LCES 9th Annual Talent Show & Annual PTC Free BBQ
- Thurs., 6/6: Super Hero Dress Up Day
- Thurs., 6/6: 5th grade Breakfast & Awards (your teacher will send out more info!)
- Fri., 6/7: Colts go to Hawaii Dress Up Day
- Fri., 6/7, 8-10:30 am, MPR: Kinder End of Year Celebration & Awards
- Fri., 6/7, 1:40 pm: Clap out for our 5th Grade Colts - all families encouraged to join our tunnel outside of the gate!
- Fri., 6/7: Last Day of School; report cards come home!
Summer Office Schedule:
- Week of June 10-14: Office is open from 7:30am-4pm (closed for lunch from 12-1 pm)
- June 15-August 4: Office closed
If you have an urgent need over the summer, please contact Jen Hladun at firstname.lastname@example.org or via cell at 702 324 6884
(please be patient on response times - it's our summer break too!)
- August 5-14: Office is open from 7:30am-4pm (closed for lunch from 12-1 pm)
- August 15: First Day of School!
*all Leadership, Musical Theater, and Choir program details are on Mrs. Adam's website or click the link below.
Upcoming Non School Days & Early Release Days - Winter/Spring 2019
- Saturday, 6/8 - Wednesday, 8/14: Summer Break (School Starts on Thursday, 8/15)
Visit our website for the most updated schedules for our Leadership Ambassador Program, including the greeter schedule!
Click for more information about school meal pricing and breakfast and lunch menus. You can also access My School Bucks to add to your child's lunch balance and submit an online application for free/reduced meals.
Click to view a map that identifies appropriate drop off/pick up areas and parking areas. It is much less congested between between 7:50-8:00 am and again between 2:50-3 pm. Supervision is provided at 7:55 am and until 3 pm (2 on ER days).
The district has approved and published 2 years of school calendars! Click for details!