Sept. 8, 2023
“If you need this information translated in Spanish, please call...”
Si usted necesita esta informacion traducida al Espanol, por favor llame al 663-9372.
“If you need this information translated in Hmong, please call...”
Yog koj xav kom peb txhais cov ntawv no ua lus Hmoob, thov hu 663-9373
Welcome from Principal Jill DeRosier
When I'm not working, I enjoy reading, being outdoors, walking our dog, traveling, and spending time with family and friends. I have 2 daughters; Grace is a sophomore at University of Stevens Point; Aubry is a sophomore at Two Rivers High School.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have questions. I look forward to working with the Jackson staff, students, and families.
Jackson Back to School Reminders
- The 17th St. cul de sac is for pick up and drop off only. Please DO NOT use this area to park. Doing so, causes congestion and frustration.
- Parking is permitted immediately before and after school in Redeemer Lutheran Parking Lot. This is a great option for parents who escort their child to the playground area in the morning or meet their child on the playground afterschool.
- From 7:30-4:00pm parking is prohibited on the school side of the street expect for areas marked "Drop Off & Pickup Only". Do not block the staff parking lot during morning drop off.
- Parking is permitted across the street from school in designated areas.
- Please be careful not to block our neighbors' driveways when parking your vehicle.
- Please escort your child across the street using the painted crosswalks or have your child use crosswalks that are supervised by the crossing guard or staff members.
- Please drive slowly. Students are unpredictable and despite our best efforts, they sometimes run out into the street in unmarked areas.
- Students eating breakfast can be dropped off at 8:15 on the playground and enter school through the kindergarten doors. Breakfast is not free and no longer are students able to eat breakfast in the classroom. Students will not be able to come in for breakfast after 8:20.
- Students can bring a healthy snack to school and a water bottle. Please do not send caffeinated or sugar filled drinks. We need our students able to concentrate throughout the day.
- Weather will start to get chilly. Send a jacket for recess.
Kindergarten and 1st grade parents or their designee are expected to pick up students in person at their assigned entrance.
Thank you for your cooperation. Together we can keep our students, families, and staff safe.
Students' Assigned Entrances/Exits
Door I= 1st Graders and 3BR
Door J= 2nd & 3rd Graders
Door K= 4th & 5th Graders
Please see the map below for clarity in locating these entrances/exits.
Standard Response Protocol: Safety Drills
"A uniform, planned, and practiced response to any incident is the foundation of a safe school. The SRP is action-based, flexible, and easy to learn. It rationally organizes tactics for response to weather events, fires, accidents, intruders, and other threats to student safety." iloveuguys.org
Each month throughout the school year all MPSD schools will train on 1-2 of the five responses. The training is designed to create knowledge, answer questions, and build familiarity for all students, staff, and visitors. Please take time each month to ask your child what safety repsonse protocol they practiced and see if they have questions or ideas about how these safety steps work and how they could be used in other places beyond school, like home. The SRP can be utilized in many places, for more information please see iloveuguys.org
Later this month, we will be practicing a HOLD & EVACUATION drill. Should you have any questions, you can reach Principal Jill DeRosier at 920-663-9522.
Practice HOLD DRILL - SEPTEMBER 25TH
Success For All Update
Welcome to the 2023-2024 school year! It is such an exciting time of the year. I would like to introduce myself. My name is Mr. Dean Sleger. This marks my 24th year of teaching. Twenty-three of those years have been spent teaching here at Jackson. Throughout my career, I have taught first and second grade. This year, I am happy to announce that I will be Jackson's Success for All (SFA) Facilitator. I will have the privilege of working with your child throughout the year and monitor their progress. My room is behind our library.
On September 20, our students will begin traveling and working in their SFA literacy groups. That evening, your child will come home with a letter indicating who their teacher is along with their reading level. Please be on the lookout for this note. Groups will be changing every 8 weeks. Therefore, I will always send home updated communication with your child's SFA teacher and their current reading level.
I sent home an informational SFA flier in your child's Friday Folder. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out. You can contact me at: 920.663.9434.
This is such an exciting journey for all of us!
~Mr. Dean Sleger