Meadow Brook Staff Newsletter
Week of October 29
Quote of the Week
Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.
– William Butler Yates
This is a direct link to the shared PLC folder. Once you open it you may want to star it so it won't get lost in the "Shared with Me" folder.
- We are still seeing quite a few doors unlocked. Please make sure your door is locked at all times. You are welcome to prop it open, the handle just needs to be locked. We will have magnets available later this week in the office. These magnets can be used to keep the door propped open just enough to keep the door from locking.
Red Ribbon Week
Things to look forward to:
- Bronco Pride Night is Nov. 2. We also need as many teachers and students on the field before the game on Friday, November 2.
- PTSO Halloween Dance will be October 31 from 3:05-5:15 *The end time has been adjusted*. Thank you to everyone who has volunteered to help supervise these evening. We currently have 27 volunteers! You guys are so generous of your time.
- Veteran's Day Assembly will be November 9.
- Theater performance on November 13.
This only effects core teachers during life app time.
Data Days will be used to reflect and assess how we are progressing toward our goal of, all students will learn at a high level. We will look at data to have discussions and make decisions.
We will be having our first Data Day/Afternoon on November 1 (Math) and November 2 (ELA).
We will meet in the office conference room.
Students had 4-5 minutes to read the book before they rotated.
During this time they had to fill out a review of the book.
They had to identify the genre, tell what they thought about the cover and the part of the book they read. Then, they rated the book and answered if it would be a good fit for them.