Special Rice Middle School eNews
Friday, May 27, 2016
Congratulations to Rice's Beginning Orchestra!
1. School Will Run on an Adjusted Schedule All Week!
2. Spring Semester Exams
**Please be aware that teachers are unable to finalize a student's grade for the year until all exams are taken.**
It is important for students to be present during exam week. Please consider exam dates as you are scheduling appointments and are making travel arrangements from 5/31 through 6/3.
Students must get prior approval from administration in order to be absent from an exam. A Student Absence Request form may be obtained from the main office. Parents also need to contact their child's guidance counselor as soon as possible.
3. Life without Lockers during Exams
During exam week, students may carry their book bags to class with them Tuesday through Thursday of this week.
On Friday, June 3th, students will only need to bring--
- writing utensils (pencils for exams),
- their exam review packets,
- a book to read/a yearbook,
- a lunch,
- a small purse,
- and/or small, string book bag.
Students will not be allowed to enter the building carrying book bags/backpacks the last day of school.
4. Dress Code Reminders
Attention Parents and Students:
The dress code will be enforced through the end of the school year, including exam week.
- All clothing must provide adequate coverage for modest dress.
- All shorts and shirts must be longer than mid-thigh on all sides.
- Shirt straps must be a minimum of two inches wide.
- No type of clothing which is torn or has holes with be allowed.
- Pajama bottoms and slippers are not allowed.
- All slogans and pictures appearing on attire must be school appropriate.
Students who fail to meet the dress code standards will be given the option of changing into appropriate clothing or of calling home to get clothing.
5. All Rice Library Books Are Overdue
Hey, Rice Ravens!
Library books were due last Friday, May 20th. Please turn in all library items as soon as possible. If a book has been lost or damaged, readers need to reimburse the library for the cost of the book, either paying in exact change or in check made payable to “Rice Middle School.”
As a reminder, students will not be allowed to pick up schedules for the 2016-2017 school year until all outstanding fines from this year, including library fines, are cleared. Thanks for supporting our library!
6. News from the Nurse
A. Picking Up Your Unused Medication at End of School.
Please take a moment to read through the parent letter below from the nurse, the pick-up date for unused medication. which
B. Attention Parents of 6th Graders
Please click on the link below to view important information from Nurse Yang, regarding immunization requirements students who will be 7th graders in 2016-2017.
7. Plano Senior Debate Camp Attendees--Please Read!
Attention Students who are attending the Plano Senior Debate Camp:
Several students have not paid their camp fee yet. Camp fee will not be accepted after Wednesday, June 1st. Please check your email and contact Sara Zinck (email@example.com) to make sure you don't lose your spot!