ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT - Week of September 17, 2023
Check out our fall schedules at https://ehtnjathletics.com/main/calendar/
Come out and cheer for our teams. GO EAGLES!
BOYS AND GIRLS CROSS COUNTRY
BOYS AND GIRLS CROSS COUNTRY SENIOR NIGHT
Girls tennis had a very busy week, starting with two matches on Sunday at the Stockton Invitational. First match was a 4-1 loss to Schalick, with Camille More scoring a 7-5, 6-0 win. Second match of the day was a 4-1 win over Cedar Creek. Belina Zhang and Demi Lu won their singles matches by identical 6-0, 6-0 scores. Lily Ferriola / Kylee Biel won 6-2, 6-1 at first doubles. Carrie Chen / Olivia Liang won at second doubles 6-1, 6-1.
We didn't get the win against Mainland on Tuesday, but Camille More scored an impressive win over Mainland's #1 singles 3-6, 6-2, 10-7.
Thursday was a revenge win over Ocean City 3-2. Singles players Camille More and Demi Lu both won 6-1, 6-1. Lily Ferriola clinched the win with a 4-6, 6-2, 10-3 win at third singles.
Girls' Soccer moves to 4-1 after victories at Vineland 2-0 and Hammonton 7-0 Monday and Wednesday respectively. Senior captain Gabriella Piantadosi has four goals over the span of the two games while sophomore Brielle VonColln has two. Senior captain Angelina Horin, junior Ava Kraybill, and sophomore Abby Mathis each netted one versus Hammonton with one goal being more impressive than the other. Kraybill and Mathis both scored with their heads while Horin scored after some quick footwork got her past three Hammonton defenders. Junior Abby Lyon recorded the shutout at Vineland and shared the net with sophomore Arianna Nguyen for the shutout at Hammonton. To close out the week, the girls travel once again to Millville in the hopes to sweep the week and move to 5-1 overall and solidify their hold on second place in the Cape Atlantic League.
Field Hockey is now 2-2 overall with a win Tuesday over Millville 4-0.
Jenna Gray led the Lady Eagles with 2 goals and an assist. Kaci Velardi and Madison Fortis each had a goal for the Eagles! Gabby Hiltner and Desiree Moore each had an assist!
Next game is against a tough Hammonton squad!
THINGS ARE LOOKING A LITTLE DIFFERENT AT THE NEST . . .
The weight room at EHTHS has undergone a complete transformation. Check out the start of EHT's new state of the art weight room. We are excited to have beautiful new floors, freshly painted walls and new workout stations. Keep posted - there's more to come!
REGISTERING FOR A SPORT:
Everything you need (and more) regarding EHT Athletics may be found at EHTNJAthletics.com - Schedules, Contact Information, Forms, etc.
- Please review the appropriate registration dates for your interested season found on the registration page. Registration for WINTER sports is now OPEN. Registration deadline is 11/15/23.
- Winter sports include: Winter Cheer, Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball, Swimming, Wrestling, Boys Winter Track, Girls Winter Track. For Sport Specific questions/information, including practice schedules, tryouts, off season opportunities, etc. Please contact the head coach of your interested sport.
- All registrations for EHT Athletic programs must be completed online through the Family ID Program.
- You do not need a physical to register, but must have an exam uploaded seven days prior to your first tryout. *** THIS STEP CAN TAKE UP TO 7 DAYS TO COMPLETE - DEPENDING ON MEDICAL STAFF AVAILABILITY TO REVIEW DOCUMENTS - YOU MUST HAVE AN APPROVED EXAM TO PARTICIPATE IN PRACTICES AND/OR TRYOUTS***
- Physicals are valid for one year. For winter sports, physicals dated on 12/1/22 or later are valid. If the physical was done prior to these dates, you must obtain a new physical
- All Exams must be submitted digitally though your online registration. Click here for the physical form: https://ehtnjathletics.com/main/filesLinks/
- No hard copies, emails or faxes will be accepted.
- Re-Cert packets and COVID Forms are now part of the registration question/process. No hard copies needed.
- For Help on uploading your exam – Click here
NJSIAA: For the most up to date information from the New Jersey Interscholastic Athletic Association (NJSIAA) visit their website at https://www.njsiaa.org/
NCAA: Thinking about participating in athletics after high school? Then visit the following link from the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) to prepare: https://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/future