September 12, 2018
Happy Friday Eve!
"TO DO" REMINDERS:
- Teach , Learn, Create! -TLC STARTS NEXT WEEK! TLC is Tuesday-Thursday, from 8am-8:30. Please see the copies of instructions and available TLCs I put in your boxes. If you are new, please get with someone that knows the routine. EDUCATION GALAXY TLC ARE A SEMESTER. 3rd grade will work on Math and 4th grade works on Writing.
- TLC Tutoring-I've lost a couple of TLC groups. For this session, if you are not doing a TLC, please keep 8 students. If all spaces are full when you go to input, let me know and I will tell you where you can add them. Thanks for bearing with me until we can figure it out. Also, if you are running a TLC and can take more students, please let me know!
- Education Galaxy is ready to go. Any problems with creating classes please see Ms. Hoover. Also, if you assign a student to education galaxy TLC make sure they know their log on information. Also, this TLC is a semester long. 3rd Grade is working on math and 4th grade is doing Writing.
- Break Habits Book Study-Chapter Two Strand has been started :). We will meet in person next Tuesday, September 18th. I will show you how to reply on Google Groups in you are having problems.
- INTERNATIONAL DOT DAY!!!-I hope you all will join the fun and have your kids "make their mark!" tomorrow!!!! If you do something and don't plan to display it, please give to me and I will create a campus display of our kids being creative and making their mark. :). Need ideas??? See the handbook BELOW!
- Constitution Day!-Let me know if you plan to do anything for Constitution Day. I'll play the national anthem again on announcements that day. See the link for more resources below.
- TTESS Refresher-Please make sure you have read my email about TTESS Refresher. You have the option of doing it on your own online or as a group on Tuesday, September 25th. Either way it has to be done by the 28th because we have to get Goal Setting done. Thanks!
ESL Spreadsheet on Google Drive needs to be completed by 09/17/2018.
Make sure lesson plans are being added weekly in the teacher folder for lesson plans on Google Drive. If you have trouble finding it please see Ms. Hoover.
All certificates from Safe Schools need to be uploaded individually to Eduphoria and submitted for approval.
From Mrs. Cristan
CAFETERIA: Kuddos to all!
- Great job with picking up classes on time from the cafeteria.
- Please remember that the paraprofessional assigned to your section has lunch immediately after his/her duty and he/she can’t leave until the students are picked up.
- You are doing AMAZING reinforcing and reminding the students about cafeteria dismissal.
- One class at a time.
- Taking turns and waiting his/her turn at the trash can.
INTERNATIONAL DOT DAY!
From Mrs. Villarreal
Teachers: I will need two student representatives from your home room to be the designated Anchored 4 Life Team Members (1 boy and 1 girl). The students you choose will help new students transition into their new school, show them where things are in our building (school tours), sit with them at lunch, play with them at recess, and introduce them to new friends. Please send me their name and home room. Remember to pick one girl and one boy that can handle this assignment. I will then give you Team Member lanyards that the student will wear when they are giving a tour.
September 15-October 15 Thank you Hispanic Heritage Month Committee!!!! Mrs. Edge, Mrs. Wyrick, Mrs. Atkinson, Mrs. Garcia, Mrs. Alvarado, Mrs. Flores, and Mrs. Quesada for heading it up :).
SIGN UP FOR SECRET PALS BY SEPTEMBER 16TH
This Week's Calendar
13-20 Book Fair
14 International Dot Day Celebration
17 Constitution Day
18 Open House/Back to School Night 6:00-7:00
20 Science Fair Meeting 6:00-7:00
21 Fundraiser Kick Off at 8am in Cafeteria
21 POLICE OFFICER DAY! I forgot this on the September calendar.
25 TTESS Refresher and Goal Setting 3:15 in Library