SHISD Mid-Week Message
Promoting Great Things in a Great School District
Thankful and Grateful
I am thankful that Spring Hill ISD still takes time to thank and recognize our Veterans. At a time in our country where there is so much anti-American sentiment, Spring Hill still stands as a shining example of pride in our community and country. The staff and students that make up the Panther family are some of the most supportive, caring and service minded that I have ever been around. Thank you to the 250 employees in Spring Hill ISD that dedicate their lives to the service of our students.
Thank you also to the many parents, community members, and businesses that support this great school district. I am so thankful to be able to serve as your superintendent.
I hope everyone in the Panther Nation has a restful and memorable week off. You deserve it!
May you always be blessed with enough. ~ Steve Snell
Kudos & News
- A huge thank you to the Koblich family for donating a tree to be planted on the Primary campus. Mrs. Howard's first graders helped plant our new tree outside of the library. ~ Mrs. Turner
- I just want to thank Mr. Snell and all the other faculty members and students who made the 2016 SH Veteran's Day celebration a wonderful event. It was a meaningful, patriotic, and emotional tribute for both present and past veterans and their families.~ H. Whittington
- Thanks to Mrs. Baker for all that she does for the Jr. High Flags & Twirlers. She is greatly appreciated. ~ M. Malloy
- Spring Hill is extremely fortunate to have Coach BonDurant and Coach Alford as
leaders and coaches. I am so thankful that my daughter has the opportunity to compete with these two as her coaches. ~ SH Parent
- A huge thank you to LeAnn Holder, Renee Chapman, and Sarah Lange who serve on the SHP School Board Appreciation Committee! They provide dessert and fun decorations for the board members on Monday nights. ~ Mrs. Turner
- Please keep the family of Becky Smith in your thoughts and prayers. Her husband suffered a heart attack this week. He is recovering and looking for surgery to repair some blockage
- Please keep the family of Carol Procell in your thoughts and prayers. Her husband was diagnosed with colon cancer.
SHJH Student Council
The SHJH Student Council assisted at the Veteran's Day celebration.
Veteran's Day Celebration
Former SHHS Student Returns as Veteran
A Day of Celebration
- Mr. Moore is always supportive and willing to give of his time to teachers and students. When I was introducing the Bluebonnet program to the sixth graders, he came to the library and read a chapter of one of the Bluebonnet books to each of the sixth grade classes. He is always encouraging and gently leading us to expand and try new things.
- I appreciate Mr. Lynch and Mr. Moore for their openness and approach-ability. Anytime I have an issue, they are more than willing to listen and help in any way possible.
SH Culinary Arts students attended the Region 7 Food Service Show
Mr. Pool assists students during drafting class, one of the many CTE classes we offer in SHISD
Mr. Fuller assists students during welding class, one of the many CTE classes we offer in SHISD
Culinary Students attend Region 7 Food Service Fair
Great Season Lady Panther Volleyball!
Girl's Golf Participates in Spooktacular
Pine Tree HS hosted its first Pine Tree Spooktacular 36 golf tournament this past Friday and Saturday at Wood Hollow golf course. The event featured two teams each from Pine Tree and Longview HS, Spring Hill, and Texas High. The tournament was set up as a team play format regarding scoring, with no individual medals.
Zoe Mayfield led the Lady Panthers, shooting rounds of 72 on both days.
Area Cross Country Qualifiers
Panther Nation - Get the APP!!
Want to get updates before, during, and post game wrap ups? Download the VNN app and customize to your liking. Below are the 3 easy steps to Panther updates:
- Go to the app store and download the VNN app
- Then open and search for Spring Hill ISD
- Once you have SHISD, you can customize the app to get updates from your favorite SH athletic teams grades 7-12
It's that easy.