for the week of May 9th Plus
Important Events for the Week of May 9th plus
May 9, 2016--Football Parent Meeting after Practice
May 10, 2016--Faculty meetings in conference room
May 10, 2016--Yearbook signing party in the gym during advisement - students must purchase a ticket and have their yearbook to attend
May 10, 2016--Timecards approved by 3 PM
May 12, 2016--EX Ed Graduation in Lunchroom (8:30 AM)
May 13, 2016--Field Day
May 13, 2016--Last day to turn in Panther Passes for Exemptions
May 13, 2016--Grades must be updated by 3 PM
May 13, 2016--Parent contact logs due by 3 PM (next due date will be last week of school)
May 13, 2016--Final exam exemption list will be posted
We will have a lockdown drill this week
May 16, 2016--HMS Spring Band Concert at HHS
May 17-19, 2016--HMS Boys Basketball Tryouts
May 17, 2016--Tentative Faculty Meetings
May 17, 2016--Timecards must be approved by 3 PM
May 20, 23-25, 2016--2nd Semester Diagnostics (see schedule below)
May 23-25, 2016--2nd Semester Diagnostics Continue (We will call you to lunch starting May 23)
May 24, 2016--No Faculty meetings
May 24, 2016--Timecards for the week of May 20 must be approved by 3 PM
May 24, 2016--End of the Year Awards Day Program beginning at 5:30 PM - tentatively we will hold the program at HHS in the auditorium
May 25, 2016--If numbers allow, we will begin retention meetings after lunch.
May 26-27, 2016--Make-Up Days
May 26, 2016--Retention meetings during planning periods
May 26, 2016--Graduation at HHS
May 27, 2016--Last Day for students and teachers
May 27, 2016--Timecards must be approved for this week
May 27, 2016--End of Year meetings will begin around 1 PM--teachers will be called via lottery IF all items are completed on the checklist
Reminders from the Principal
- 1st period begins at 7:55 AM each day. All 1st period teachers are expected to be ready to start class at 7:55. It is not time to go to the lunchroom and get breakfast nor is it time for you to eat breakfast in class.
- It is the responsibility of the classroom teacher to contact parents for failing students in their class. There is no excuse for nine weeks to go by and no contact having been made. Contacting the parents AFTER the nine weeks has ended does not count nor does laying the onus for contacting parents at the ex ed teacher's feet. It is not the ex ed teacher's responsibility for contacting parents of failing students in your class. Contacting parents is one of the professional responsibilities of the teacher.
- End of Year Checklists were distributed last week. Classroom inventory will again be submitted digitally and we will print out the copy to be signed on the pink sheets. Mr. Powell is sending out copies of last year's inventory to each teacher. Make sure all items purchased this year have been added.
- All teachers are responsible for the information that we send out to you via email. "I forgot" or "I did not check my email" are not acceptable excuses.
- Professional behavior when interacting with students, parents and each other is the expected norm not the exception. It is best to think before you react.
- Advisement will be used for RTI again this week.
- EducateAlabama should be up to date by this time. Teachers should contact their designated administrator to let them know so end of year collaborative meetings can be scheduled.
- Make sure you are reviewing the duty roster each week. Morning duty begins at 7:20 not 7:25 or 7:30 AM. When on duty, you should be supervising students, not on your phone or grading papers.