Ms. Miszewski, Mrs. Krahn, & Mrs. Relich
Language Workshop & Reader's Workshop
This week, we have wrapped up our unit on Discovery. We have spent the last few weeks asking and answering questions, comparing faraway countries, and learning about places different than ours. We have learned about the different types of food, ways to get around, family life, sports, and even geography features of both Mexico and India.
The last few weeks of Reader's Workshop we have been busy! We have sorting words based on their long or short vowel sounds. We have also been practicing stretching out sounds when both writing and reading words.
We have also been practicing our counting! In Kindergarten, the expectation is that your child is able to count to 100 by both 1's and 10's.
Friday Hooray Winners!
- Mrs. Krahn's Winners: Bentley & Keegan
- Ms. Miszewski's Winners: Kai & Piper
- Mrs. Relich's Winners: Carter & Connor
- Thursday, February 14th - Friendship Parties
- Thursday, February 21 - Parent/Teacher Conferences - 4:30-8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, February 28 - Parent/Teacher Conferences - 4:30-8:00 p.m.
- Friday, March 1st - Early Release - Elementary students released at 1:40 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 6th - End of second trimester