The Principal's Message
Crossroads South Middle School
April 16th, 2018
FROM THE PRINCIPAL...
Welcome Spring...well, we hope it will be soon! There are many congratulations to share and a few reminders.
- CONGRATULATIONS MRS. BUFIS & OUR CROSSROADS ARTISTS: This year's Art Gallery was AMAZING!! Congratulations to all of our featured artists and thank you for sharing your talent with our community.
- PARCC CALENDAR: This week marks the start of PARCC for our 6th grade students. Please read the letter I sent for reminders and details.
- 8th GRADE SCIENCE - NJSLA: Our 8th Grade Students will be taking a "PARCC-like" version of the annual Science Assessment this year. The district has sent a letter describing the assessment and how it is now a computer-based assessment for our students.
- TAKE YOUR CHILD TO WORK DAY: 4/26 is Take Your Child To Work Day. If your child is participating in this event, you should have already sent back the permission slip that was posted on our Friday Folders. If not, please do so immediately, so we can register the absence as an "excused" absence.
- TOUR de SOUTH BRUNSWICK: The Education Foundation of South Brunswick has announced that registration is now open for the annual biking event on June 10th. Please register here: http://www.edfoundationsb.org and be sure to mark CROSSROADS SOUTH as your home school.
- DRESS CODE REMINDERS: As the weather gets warmer, please remember that all students must have appropriate clothing for school. Any students in violation of our dress code will be asked to change into a t-shirt or other clothes from our school nurse.
- SPRING SPORTS: Congratulations to our spring sports teams for a great start to this season! We are excited for the awesome representation from our school! Go VIKINGS!
- ATTENDANCE REMINDERS: Daily attendance in school is a critical factor in the success of your child. Please do your best to minimize the number of days your child is absent from school or is taken out early for appointments. Should your child exceed the number of acceptable days absent as determined by NJ State Law, you will receive a letter from the school.
- IMPORTANT BUS NOTE: Please remember that students are only permitted to ride his/her regular bus home. You cannot go home on another bus. Our busses are full and any additional students has left others without a seat and in a potentially dangerous situation. If your child wishes to go home with another student, you must coordinate either a parent pickup at the school or a parent pickup at your house. **Bus passes can be checked for boarding.** Thank you for your understanding.
- 4/17 - PTO Meeting @ North 7:00pm
- 4/18 - 6th Grade PARCC
- 4/19 - 6th Grade PARCC
- 4/19 - Wind Ensemble Rehearsal (PM)
- 4/22 - Special Olympics @ Old Bridge HS
- 4/23 - 6th Grade PARCC
- 4/23 - BOE Meeting - Honoring our Educator/Support Person of the Year
- 4/24 - 6th Grade PARCC
- 4/25 - 6th Grade PARCC
- 4/25 - Wind Ensemble at JP Stevens HS Competition
- 4/26 - Take Your Child to Work Day
- 4/27 - 8th Grade PARCC
- 4/30 - 8th Grade PARCC
MEMBERSHIP - JOIN NOW!!
Crossroads South has 260 families as confirmed members!! We still have so many more to go! Please join the PTO! Your membership dues go towards supporting assembly programs, events for the students, and mini grants to support our program. Please send in your membership NOW! Send your membership ($10) to the attention of the PTO with your child's name and unit clearly labeled on the envelope.