THE KPS SCOOP
Friday, August 8, 2014
FACULTY EMERGENCY INFORMATION
It is important this information is on file in case of an emergency.
2014 - 2015 STATE & PERSONAL DISCRETIONARY DAYS
KISD Board Policy DEC (Local)
- August 18 - August 22 Staff Development/Workday
- August 29 - September 2 Holiday
- October 6 Staff Development/Work Day
- October 20 - October 23 State Assessments
- November 25 - December 5 Holiday and State Assessments
- December 19 - January 5 Holiday
- January 16 - January 20 Holiday and Staff Development/Work Day
- February 27 - March 16 Spring Break/State Assessments
- March 30 - April 6 Holiday/State Assessments
- April 21 - April 24 State Assessments
- May 4 - May 15 State Assessments
- May 22 - May 26 Bad Weather Day/Holiday
- June 4 - June 5 Staff Development/Work Day
COMPLETION OF EQUIVALENCY DAYS
*If you are scheduled to work at One Stop Registration, be sure to sign in on the KPS Sign in Sheet.
*If you attended one of the workshops at KPS on 8/6 and 8/7, be sure you signed in the sign in sheet.
REMINDER: PDAS Certificate
Reminder for New Teachers: Please take a copy of your PDAS certificate to New Teacher Orientation. If you do not have a PDAS certificate or cannot find your certificate then you will need to make sure you attend the PDAS training provided during New Teacher Orientation.
KPS - MEET THE TEACHER
Meet the Teacher dress code: TBA
ONE STOP REGISTRATION
Monday - Friday 8:00-4:00 pm
Tuesday & Thursday 5:00-7:00 pm
*If you are working at one stop registration you may wear jeans!
MANDATORY EMPLOYEE TRAINING
August 11-15 - One Stop Registration - Kilgore High School Caferia, Monday-Friday 8-4pm, Tuesday & Thursday 5-7pm
August 19-22 - New Teacher Orientation, Middle School Library, 8-3pm. *All teachers new to the district are required to attend.
August 18 - All staff, including paraprofessionals, will report to KHS for Convocation from 7:30-11:30am with a continental breakfast served. Lunch will be on your own from 11:30-1:00pm All staff will then report to individual campuses from 1:00-3:30pm for campus visioning.
August 19-22 - All staff will report to individual campuses from 7:30-3:30pm. Campus principals will send out the campus agenda and expectations for each day.
August 21 - Meet the Teacher
August 4 - 22 - Mandatory Employee Training
Offered through Employee Access/Moodle and must be completed no later than August 22. Further information will be sent out via email.
August 22 - CPR Training *This training is for those that registered and will be held at Chandler Elementary Multi-Purpose Room during assigned times.