Mrs. Richardson's and Mrs. Dorothy's Kindergarten Class
April 13 - April 17
- GKIDS-this is a state mandated assessment that assesses all 85 kindergarten level standards. The results are reported to the Georgia Department of Education.
- Student Growth Assessment-this is a county assessment that assesses the level of academic growth your student made this year. It is reported to the Coweta County School System
- Year End Report Card Assessments-these assessments will determine the final report card grades and your child's placement for next year.
As you can see, we will be quite busy and as temping as it may be, please don't let up on homework, making sure your child gets a good nights sleep every night, and eating a healthy breakfast every morning. And, most importantly, please make sure they come to school everyday and on time. Everyone has worked so hard this year, let's see it all the way through to the end!
Sight Word Super Stars!
APTT Night was a Great Success!
What's Going On At Ruth Hill in March/April
Tuesday, April 14
- Stevie B's Night
Friday, April 17
- Donuts with Dad, 7:30-8:00
Georgia Milestones Testing for grades 3-5 (Mrs. Dorothy will not be in our classroom during this time as she will be helping with the Milestones)
Wednesday, April 22
- Mid-term 4 ends
Friday, April 24
- YMCA Tennis Club Meets
- Karate Club Meet
Continue Georgia Milestones Testing for grades 3-5 (Dorothy will be involved with this and not be in our classroom)
Last week for students to find sponsors for Fun Run
Tuesday, April 28
- DQ Spirit Night
Thursday, April 30
- Progress reports issued
Friday, May 1
- Ruth Hill PTO Fun Run (schedule will be sent)
- YMCA Tennis Club Meets
- Karate Club Meets
- Starlite Spirit Night
Mrs. Richardson's Golden Apples
GOLDEN APPLE AWARD
Congratulations to these students who got a Perfect Score on ALL of their ELA tests.
Perfect Score/Spelling Test
- Samantha, Bayron, Patience
Perfect Score on Sight Word Test
- Samantha, Derrius, Bayron, Micah, Janiyah, Caleb, Destiny, Erica, Patience
Perfect Score on Letter Sound Test:
- Jaylen, Derrius, Nevaeh, Erica, Patience
Perfect score on Reading:
- Samantha, Landen, Derrius, Jayden, Natalie, Bayron, Micah Janiyah, Caleb, Nevaeh, Hunter, Destiny, Erica, Patience
These are the math standards we will be focusing on for the remainder of the year.
Operations and Algebric Thinking:
KOA 1: Represent addition and subtraction with objects: (PASSED 1ST ASSESSMENT)
Jaylen, Landen, Derrius, Malcom, Jayden, Natalie, Bayron, Micah, Janiyah, Nevaeh, Destiny, Erica, Patience, Caleb
KOA 2: Solve addition and subtraction word problems: (PASSED 3rd AND FINAL ASSESSMENT)
Jaylen, Samantha, Landen, Derrius, Jayden, Natalie, Bayron, Micah, Janiyah, Nevaeh, Destiny, Erica, Patience, Caleb
KOA 3: Decompose numbers less than or equal to 10 into pairs: Not yet Assessed
KOA 4: Find the numbers that make 10: (PASSED 1ST ASSESSMENT)
Jaylen, Samantha, Landen, Derrius, Malcom, Jayden, Natalie, Bayron, Micah, Bryan, Janiyah, Nevaeh, Hunter, Destiny, Erica, Patience, Caleb
KOA 5: Fluently add and subtract within 10: Not yet Assessed
NBT 1: Compose and Decompose numbers 11-29 (PASSED 1ST ASSESSMENT)
Jaylen Samantha, Landen, Derrius, Natalie, Bayron, Micah, Bryan, Janiyah, Nevaeh, Destiny, Erica, Patience, Isaiah