First Day of School on Tuesday September 3rd!
Hello Winchester Families!
Welcome Back to the 2019-20 school year! We welcome you all to a new year of learning and growing in academics, citizenship, and leadership. We are looking forward to providing your child a challenging, engaging, memorable, and meaningful educational experience.
The Winchester staff is talented, hardworking, and committed to ensuring all students receive a strong academic foundation. We look forward to working together; staff, students, parents, and the community, to continue the legacy of excellence established at Winchester. We are committed to developing 21st century skills, fostering a safe, positive, and nurturing environment for children and maintaining the highest expectations for our students and ourselves.
Winchester is proud to be a The Leader in Me Lighthouse school of Academic Distinction! The Leader in Me is an innovative, school-wide model that emphasizes a culture of student empowerment. We believe in fostering each child's leadership potential by teaching and living the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, engaging students in goal setting, and working together for student success.
On behalf of the staff of Winchester Elementary, where we are "Learning Together, Leading Forever", welcome to the 2019-20 school year!
Kelly I. Lindsay, Ed. S.
Keep informed of current information by accessing the Winchester website:
Check back often for school news and updates!
You can also find us @WinchesterElem on Twitter.
We are looking forward to seeing you all on Tuesday!
We have also purchased a playground equipment cart. Students will have access to basketballs, soccer balls, kickballs, Gaga balls, footballs for Air Force football, jump ropes (long and short), hula hoops, and Skip Its.
We are asking students not to bring their own equipment to school as all equipment will be available each day during recess.
PTA Welcome Back Coffee/PTA Meeting
The PTA is very excited to welcome everyone back to school. Please join us on Friday, September 6th at 9:00 AM in the Dragon's Den for coffee and our first PTA meeting. This is also a great time to get more information about all of our activities, committees, and volunteer to help with anything that interests you. We look forward to seeing everyone on Friday morning!
Help Keep our Students Safe during Drop Off and Pick Up
DROP-OFF AND PICK-UP OF CHILDREN
In order to make the drop off and pick-up of children by car as safe as possible for our students, we ask that you follow these procedures:
Please do not drop your child off before 8:35 a.m. The first bell rings at 8:41 a.m.
Bus – For those eligible, riding a NPS bus is the most convenient and safest transportation option.
Drop Off Procedures:
- During arrival, please be sure to stay in the right hand lane and pull your vehicle all the way up in the “red zone.”
- Please do not maneuver between lanes as this creates a safety concern.
- When all the cars have pulled forward and stopped, please have your child prepared to exit your car with all of their belongings.
- Try to get your goodbye hugs and kisses in at home.
- ALL students should be dropped off at the same time. Please do not stop and drop each of your children off at a specific door.
- Students should be prepared to walk to their designated arrival location using the sidewalk in front of the school.
Please stay in your car at all times in the DROP-OFF ZONE.
Pick Up Procedures:
- Kindergarten parents are asked to park in the parking lot and walk up to the building to pick up your child from the teacher unless arrangements have been made to pick them up in the pick-up zone.
- If you are leaving your vehicle you must park in the parking lot.
- Our dismissal begins promptly at 3:45. In order for you to be in our MOVING carpool line and not in a stagnant line, please arrive no sooner than 3:45.
- Please stay in the right hand lane and pull all the way up in the “red zone” or Pick-Up Zone.
- The carpool lane will be released first.
For the Safety of our students, please remember to:
- Refrain from using your cell phone during Drop off and Pick up
- Use the cross walk at the main entrance when crossing.
- Turn left out of the parking lot.
- Save the handicapped spots for those who need them.
It is time to fill out your required online Annual Registration!
Every year, all families are required to fill out the digital Annual Registration for each student. This year families can complete these forms starting on Thursday, August 15, 2019 through ParentConnection.
Through this process you will be asked to update your student’s emergency contact information, home address and health information, review our technology use policy and student handbooks, learn more about PTSA/PTA, access the webstore and much more.
Need Help? Many of the most commonly asked questions can be found on our FAQs page (located in the upper right hand corner of ParentConnection.) If you have further questions, please email the help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All elementary students and Cooke School students must have the Annual Registration completed prior to the start of school on Tuesday, September 3, 2019.
This process will need to be repeated for each additional child.
Medication Drop Off
If your child requires medication at school, please drop off any medication (we cannot accept expired medication) and required paper work if you have not already done so. Bring it to the main office with the proper forms filled out by your doctor. We cannot dispense any medication, OTC or prescribed, without this form. All incoming Kindergartners - if you have not yet given us a copy of your vision screening, we ask that you give us a copy on the first day if possible.