NCVPS French 3
Mme Barraza's sections 2 & 4
Meet Mme Barraza
I have had the great experiences to travel in 14 foreign countries and in many of the states of the USA....still lots of places to see and lots of things to do!
I have a Master's degree in Instructional Design & Technology so naturally, these are also real passions for me.
I have enjoyed working with online students in the past and I look forward to working with you this semester in French 3. I make myself available to students in Blackboard (our Learning Management System), via text or phone and in our online chat program that we use for NCVPS - Blackboard IM. It will be imperative that we work together closely in these programs.
Meet The Teacher Starts Today!
If you have questions....as you get started, please do let me know. My contact information is on this newsletter and also in the course in the Mon Professeur button.
Required Bi-Weekly LIVE Meetings
Course Assignments - Due Sundays at noon each week!
Mme Barraza and her children
This is a picture of me with my children, Micaela and Joshua.
Mme Barraza and family, again
This is a picture of me with my children, Joshua, Micaela and my husband Javier Barraza.
Joshua and Micaela at the "door" of the medieval Carcassonne
Just as Joshua and Micaela were entering the medieval city of Carcassonne, France, several years ago, here we are beginning our journey together! Amusons-nous!
Mme Barraza and family, again
Share this newsletter with your parents! We like to keep them informed!
Frequently Asked Questions - Normal to ask!
- I'm new to online learning. What if I don't know how to navigate the website? Your school's NCVPS lab coordinator is usually your first resource. He/she is typically versed in using Blackboard and can answer most "how to" questions. If they don't know, you can always call me after 4:00 pm for assistance. Be sure to complete the Blackboard Orientation before beginning the course. Most questions will be addressed there.
- Is it OK to call you? Of course! That's what I'm here for! Don't forget that I do teach in a traditional school during the day, so if you call, please leave a message so I can return your call as soon as possible after school (same for a text).
- What if I'm having problems understanding concepts? Help is just a phone call away. You can contact me during regular office hours by phone, text, or Blackboard Instant Messenger. I am also available by request. Just ask!
- How late is too late to call? Please do not call after 9:00 pm You may email or text at anytime, but see question #2.
- Can we use online translators? Absolutely not! The use of online translators is a form of plagiarism and students who use them will receive a grade of 0 for that assignment. Trust me, I will know.
- How can I be successful in this course? The most important thing you can do is ask questions early and often. If you don't understand something, you must ask me (or another student) for help. Another key to success is keeping pace. It is important that you work daily. It is the expectations that all students are submitting work daily. I will close the units as we complete them.
Text me at 620.583.4372 . I know it sounds bizarre, but I get terrible cell phone reception in my home and for calls in general but I do text so please text me there.
I am pretty available to students all day long but you may have a wait if you try to contact me when I am in class.