January 29, 2016
This Week's Reading Street
Genre: Expository Text
Paired Text: Perfect Harmony
Comprehension Strategies: Main Idea and Details and Text Structure
Writing: Connecting the Text (Prompt on Haiku)
Spelling Words for February 9, 2016
Selection Vocabulary for February 5th
Greek and Latin Roots for February 9, 2016
- endothermic (adj)
- exothermic (adj)
- therm (n)
- thermal (adj)
- thermodynamic (adj)
- thermograph (n)
- thermometer (n)
- thermophile (n)
- thermos (n)
- thermostat (n)
- Learned how to find the LCD (Lowest Common Denominator)
- Began adding and subtracting fractions with like and unlike denominators
Took many notes on the many "Acts" or Laws that began the conflict of the Revolution.
Wednesday, Feb. 3rd, 9-10am
10920 Reed Road
Lake in the Hills, IL
- Parents are welcome to attend. Siblings that are non-school aged may come as well. Please do not pull a student out of class to attend.
- Children should have their artifacts. Five total. 1 is their costume.
- I am not able to attend, but Mr. Krupp will be here along with my requested substitute. Unfortunately, my son, Russell, has to have hernia surgery that day. We were at the mercy of the surgeon's availability.
- Please only take pictures of your son/daughter. You may only post a picture that contains only your child on social media sites. This is in respect to other parent's wishes. Thank you for understanding!
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Girls on the Run
We are looking for coaches!
Have you ever thought you wanted to make the difference in the life of a little girl? Whether you have a daughter in the program or not, by coaching this program you can help a girl gain confidence she willl carry throughout her whole life.
Please visit Coaches Corner on our website to read our Coach Job Description. Click on the pink "sign up" button to fill in a Coach Commitment form. Still on the fence? Watch this short video from race day. This video will give you all the deets about Coaching.
Please contact Katie Walsh email@example.com with any questions.
Robert Crown Parent Information Night
ROBERT CROWN PARENT NIGHT – SAVE THE DATE
On Monday, February 22, 2016 representatives from the Robert Crown Centers for Health Education will be at Conley Elementary to give parents a preview of the LINDA AND MICHAEL PROGRAM (Our Changing Body) that the 5th grade students will participate in on Thursday, April 21st. The parent night will begin at 7:00 p.m. This informational session is NOT mandatory.