August 14th, 2020
Welcome Back Morton Families!
We had a fantastic week at Morton Elementary! We appreciate your flexibility during our first week as we welcomed back 25% of our students each day. Students were very excited to be back at school and they did a great job of wearing their mask while adapting to new expectations. The staff did a tremendous job of establishing relationships with our students. The foundation is set for us to move forward and welcome back 100% of our students on Monday, August 17th.
- The school doors will open at 8:10 a.m. It is very important that we allow for social distancing during arrival. Please stay in your vehicles. We will ask that you conduct school business via phone or remotely when possible. Supervision for students will begin at 8:10 a.m. If your child participates in our breakfast program, they will enter the school at 8:00 a.m.
- Students will wear face coverings throughout the school day. Teachers will provide mask breaks when social distancing can be ensured.
- We will implement a staggered dismissal and utilize multiple exit points throughout the school to ensure social distancing. Please utilize the student pickup cards to ensure an efficient pick up process. Your child received two cards on their first day of school. Please keep one card in each of your vehicles. Staff will communicate through walkie talkies to ensure a safe and efficient pick up process. You can find detailed information regarding our reopening plan here.
- Remote Learners will experience live instruction for Reading, Writing, and Math. Attendance will be taken. Grades will be given. Continue to communicate with your classroom teacher to ensure a successful experience for your family. The concurrent remote learning plan can be accessed here.
- I would encourage you to reference the MPS COVID site linked here. This page is updated daily.
On behalf of the Morton staff, I would like to thank you for your continued support. COVID 19 has presented many challenges for all of us. We continue to promote resilience and kindness throughout our daily lessons. The Morton community is a shining example of these two character traits. We are all in this together. We've got this!
Please utilize these valuable resources to follow the progress of Millard Public Schools during the COVID 19 pandemic.
September 7 - No School - Labor Day
September 25 - Picture Day
October 13 - End of 1st Quarter
October 8, 12, 15 - Parent Teacher Conferences
October 30 - Picture Re-take
Welcome to Morton!
2nd Grade - Miss Allie Knoepfler
4th Grade - Miss Hannah Allfree
Special Education - Miss Riley Schroeder
EL - English Language Teacher - Miss Elizabeth Tjeerdsma
Library Paraprofessional - Mrs. Drew Dimas
ACP Paraprofessional - Miss Hannah Leeper