TALK IT, ROCK IT!
We have wrapped our unit on rocks!! This week we created our own jewelry!! They made tiaras, rings, bracelets and necklaces.
Through this unit your children have learned:
• Some rocks are big, and some are little.
• Rocks are different colors.
• You can find rocks in many places.
• Some rocks are so big you can climb on them.
• Rocks are not living.
• Rocks are solid.
• Rocks are not man-made.
• Fossils are the remains or impressions of ancient plants and animals. Fossils help us learn about life on earth long ago
• Rocks are made of minerals which in different proportions give rocks their color.
• Crystals are minerals with a defined shape; they are often used for jewelry.
• Rocks are used for many purposes and by different people.
• Geologists- are the scientists who study rocks and the history of the earth.
BOOKS OF THE WEEK
SAVE THE DATE!!!!!!
The end of the year is rapidly approaching. We have separated Wed, June 10th at 9:00 a.m for PK4’s End of year Celebration. Please make sure you save the date in order for you to be here.
Your child should come wearing jeans and a PLAIN white shirt (no drawings on it please!)