September 9, 2020
To translate this newsletter, click on it then use the link to the right.
Para traduzir este boletim, clique nele e use o link à direita. (Portuguese)
Para traducir este boletín, haga clic en él y luego use el enlace a la derecha (Spanish)
لترجمة هذه الرسالة من المدرسة ، اضغط عليها ثم استخدم الرابط الموجود على اليمين. (Arabic)
Այս տեղեկագիրը թարգմանելու համար կտտացրեք այն, ապա օգտագործեք աջ կողմում գտնվող հղումը: (Armenian)
Чтобы перевести этот бюллетень, нажмите на него, затем воспользуйтесь ссылкой справа. (Russian)
Bu bülteni çevirmek için üzerine tıklayın ve ardından sağdaki bağlantıyı kullanın (Turkish)
Greetings, Hosmer Families,
This is a very quick note to let you know about several important things that are coming up!
Class and Cohort Assignments will be shared with families via email this Friday (Sept 11) afternoon.
- At that time, teachers will also invite you to schedule a zoom meeting for you and your child to "meet the teacher". In this email you will find a link to sign up for a meeting on the following dates:
Kindergarten - Thursday, September 17th between 8:30 and 2:30
1st grade - Thursday, September 17th between 8:30 and 2:30
2nd grade - Thursday, September 17th between 8:30 and 2:30
3rd grade - Friday, September 18th between 8:30 and 2:30
4th grade - Friday, September 18th between 8:30 and 2:30
5th grade - Friday, September 18th between 8:30 and 2:30
- We have received 366 requests for cohort assignments at the Hosmer. As much as we would like to honor all requests, the sheer number makes this logistically impossible. Please be patient with us and know that we are doing our best as we weigh a tremendous number of needs at the school, teacher, and family level.
- The Hosmer PTO will meet this Thursday (tomorrow) at 6:30. You can find the link below.
- Due to the demands of start-up, including the thirteen days of Professional Development for teachers, I will no longer be able to host the Wednesday Morning Meetings. Unfortunately, Facebook readalouds may also be intermittent.
- Teachers are also preparing a kit of materials that your child will need to begin the school year. These materials, along with a school issued Chromebook, will be distributed on the following dates and times. It is very important that you pick up your child's materials at school during the designated time.
3rd grade - Thursday, September 17th between 8:30 and 10:00.
4th grade - Thursday, September 17th between 10:30 and 12:00.
5th grade - Thursday, September 17th between 1:00 and 2:30.
Kindergarten - Friday, September 18th between 8:30 and 10:00.
1st grade - Friday, September 18th between 10:30 and 12:00.
2nd grade - Friday, September 18th between 1:00 and 2:30.
- You should have received an email from the registrar’s office asking you to complete the Student Verification Process online. This verification ensures that your student’s information is updated and that you receive all of the District’s email and phone communications. This must be completed prior to picking up your materials. If you did not receive an email, please contact Terri Stafford, the Registrar, at email@example.com
Thank you for all of your continued support. We look forward to being together again (even virtually) soon!
Thursday, Sep. 10th, 6:30pm
This is an online event.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 928 4696 1202
One tap mobile
+19292056099,,92846961202# US (New York)
+13017158592,,92846961202# US (Germantown)
Dial by your location
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 928 4696 1202
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abDwQ3KnRp
We will continue Facebook Live read-alouds and also post some more fun activities, so keep checking!