Striving for Excellence: ELA ISTEP+
Strengthen Your Instruction as You Prepare for ISTEP+ Gr6-8
The Southern Indiana Education Center intentionally plans high-quality and essential ELA professional learning throughout the school year. We have taken elements from these opportunities and aligned them with specific state assessment requirements to provide a targeted day of support for ELA teachers in grades 6 through 8. Our goal is to have every teacher walk away with practical strategies to implement right away as well as to strengthen daily instruction that already happens in the classroom.
- Examine the research behind how we get students to retain and understand essential understandings
- Explore the skills needed for surface, deep, and transfer learning.
- Understanding and applying depth of knowledge levels when planning & executing lesson
- Examine and learn from released sample questions to integrate in classroom approach.
- Personalized help for teachers working through common student struggles and mistakes.
Please plan on joining us on December 13, 2017 for a session designed specifically for grades 6 through 8 ELA teachers and instructional coaches. See below for more information!
Wednesday, Dec. 13th, 9am-3pm
Southern Indiana Education Center 1102 Tree Lane Drive, Jasper (47546)
*All times are Eastern time zone.
*A Professional Growth Certificate worth 6 points will be provided.
*Workshop fee is $100 per participant for ESC members. ($140 non-members) Groups of 5 or more from the same district will receive $10 off their individual registrations.
*Participants should bring a laptop to access online resources.
*See below to complete the embedded registration form.