World Journalism Preparatory School
Please support your child in logging in to their new Department of Education @nycstudents.net account. These accounts allow the DOE to reach all students across the city at once. For example, students can download free Microsoft Office products to their devices and get free e-books and audio books.
We ask that you continue to check your email and our website, wjps.org, for important updates and announcements. If you have questions or concerns this summer, please email our Parent Coordinator, Mrs. Reed, at email@example.com.
Social Emotional Learning Series from Move this World
This summer, your child has an exciting opportunity to participate in a free Virtual Social
Emotional Learning Summer Series from Move This World!
Move This World is a social emotional learning program delivered through an extensive online
library of PreK-12 videos and resources rooted in creative expression that help students,
teachers and staff develop a common language to improve communication and build trust. This
summer, you’ll be able to access Move This World videos and resources at home!
The free Summer Series includes 5 weeks of videos and activities. You can learn more about
How It Works here and see the attached get started guide.
Students Create Their @nycstudents.net account
Create the @nycstudents.net account
NYC Department of Education Student Account ID and Password
To retrieve the student account ID and password:
- Go to Student Account Self Service(Open external link)
- Enter the student's 9-digit Student ID (OSIS) number. (You can find the Student ID number on a report card, student ID card, or in the parent NYCSA account.)
- Enter birthday.
- Click Continue.
- If the information you enter matches the student record, the username will be displayed.
- The student ID is their username followed by @nycstudents.net. For example, if the username is JaneD, the student account ID is JaneD@nycstudents.net.
- If a password hasn't already been set, you will be asked to set one up.
- Pick a password that is 8 characters
- Re-enter the password.
- Click Update Password.
SORA app for free books
Sora app for free books
Students can read eBooks and listen to audiobooks through the DOE using the eBook reader, Sora. Sora is available to all New York City public school students. They just need their DOE account name and password.
The Sora app is available on DOE-issued iPads and can also be downloaded to any internet-enabled device. You can also also access Sora in a web browser.
On Your Device
- Download the free Sora app for iOS or Android
- Tap “I have a setup code”
- Type: NYCSCHOOLS
- Tap the “Sign in using New York City Department of Education” button
- Enter the student DOE account ID and password ( @nycstudents.net account)
In Your Browser
Students can use their DOE account to sign into TeachHub which provides provides quick links to:
- Student report cards (available in the Student Documents icon)
- Multiple educational applications
- G Suite, Microsoft O365
- Khan Academy for self-paced lessons & assessments
- NY Public Library
- Algebra Nation