By Teja Seelam
Definition of Green Revolution
- Green Revolution is a large increase in crop production in developing countries achieved by the use of fertilizers, pesticides, and high-yield crop varieties.
- Capable of growing crops on a massive scale.
- Higher crop-yield
- Make plants which are resistant to pests and herbicides.
- Decrease amount of human labor
- Farming can become a process of automation.
- Can replant same crops without having to let land fallow.
- Can grow virtually any crop anywhere we want.
- Farmers can grow and export cash crops for profit.