SMART Space News!
Learn more about Academic Support and Coaching at Champlain
Virtual Tutoring and Coaching Begins on Sunday, September 6!
All SMART Space services will be offered remotely this Fall! This includes 1:1 Academic Coaching sessions with our four professional coaches and free peer tutoring with our outstanding student tutors. All services will be by appointment each week. Peer tutoring is available in the following subjects:
- Accounting and Finance
- Cybersecurity & Networking
- Digital Forensics
- ELL (more limited hours)
What is Academic Coaching? How will it help me?
- manage your time
- organize your files and calendars
- navigate Canvas
- stay on track
- improve your reading comprehension
- prepare for exams
- work in groups
- advocate for yourself
Here's what some Champlain students have to say about Academic Coaching:
- My academic coach is very understanding with who I am and how I learn best. She stays updated with my classes and helps me when I’m stressed out.
- My academic coach is my lifesaver.
- My coach is easily my strongest connection on this campus after nearly five semesters. He is somebody I can be honest and open with, and the energy in our meetings is always supportive and positive.
- Not only does my coach help me with being successful in classes, she has also helped me build my confidence to become more independent.
Check it out by making an appointment for a virtual one-on-one meeting!
Embedded Tutor - Statistics
If you're taking Stats this semester, check in with your professor about the details or reach out to Lauren at email@example.com.
Do you think it would be helpful to have an embedded tutor in one of your other class? We might be able to make that happen.
24/7 Tutoring with Smarthinking
- Drop In Tutoring (with whiteboards)
- Scheduled Tutoring
- Offline Questions
- Submit a piece of writing for review within 48 hours
Please visit our website for more information.
New Writing Resource!
In the coming months, we hope to expand this to include other Faculty articles and student work samples.
Student Central and Student Resources
Feeding Chittenden - Service Project for EHS on Saturday, 9/12.
Would you be interested in supporting the local Bulrington community in this effort? If so, please bring your donations to Aiken House on Saturday, Sept. 12 between 10-2pm.
Items requested are:
- Pasta and Pasta Sauce
- Canned goods
- Peanut Butter
- Canned fruits
Thank you for your support!
Director, Academic Support and Coaching Services
Leslie Van Wagner
Associate Director, Academic Support and Coaching Services
Fall Zoom Workshop Series - All Are Welcome!
All workshops take place at 5pm.
Wednesday, 9/9 --Time Management - Hybrid style
Wednesday, 9/16 --Study Skills Inventory
Wednesday, 9/23 --Note-taking Strategies
Wednesday, 9/30 --Reading Strategies
Wednesday, 10/7 --Working Effectively in Teams
Wednesday, 10/14 --Mid-Term Review & Goal Setting
Wednesday, 10/21 --Zotero Citation Management
Wednesday, 11/11 -- Transitioning (Back) to Remote Instruction
These 30 minute workshops focusing on Three Key Tips will be followed by Q & A. Sign up here to hold your spot! For more information on SMART Space services, click on our website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.