Bellevue West HAL
Support Services and Communication for Students and Parents
Mr. Rohlfs needs YOU!!!!
- Are you a junior or senior?
- Do you have a study hall?
- Are you willing to go through training during GPS to become a peer tutor?
- So you like helping others?
If you answered yes to these questions, then sign up to be a peer tutor. Mr. Rohlfs is looking for dedicated, enthusiastic students to become leaders in the classroom. Just print off the application below, fill it out, and turn it in to the office. Mr. Rohlfs will contact you when the next training will start. Thanks in advance for being will to assist the Bellevue West community!!!
Need to Know
- The 2015-2016 School Year
- Still need Peer Tutors during GPS in Room 351
- Parent/Student/Teacher Conferences are Wednesday and Thursday (Oct 14 and 15) from 4:30-8:15pm. This is an excellent opportunity to discuss your progress and inquire about extension activities if you are interested.
- Peer Tutoring Center is OPEN!!
If you feel like you could benefit from some one on one assistance in any of your classes then talk to your teacher about assigning your to the peer tutoring center. We have students here willing and able to help you with your questions.
Upcoming Independent Opportunities
Are you a sophomore or junior who is curious about exploring careers in science and cancer research and care? If so, check out the Emperor Science Award to learn more about a chance to win a unique opportunity to work alongside a scientist.
Sophomore, Junior, and Senior females interested in medicine and engineering, check out The Perry Initiative! This Program is a free, one-day, hands-on experience taking place at UNMC on Saturday, November 7. To apply, click the button above.
Description of this month's video: When faced with a bump in the road, sometimes we forget we have a choice: overcome the obstacle or let it overcome you. Steven Claunch, who was born without fingers on his right hand and with one leg shorter than the other and has excelled in basketball nonetheless, explains why obstacles can provide an opportunity to both inspire others and develop character.