The DCMS Bat Signal: 10/08/18
Super me, super you, everyday heroes make dreams come true.
10/9/18 Faculty Meeting is Canceled!
- School Board of Trustees Mtg - Monday, 10/8, @ 6:30 PM at South Elementary cafe
- Band Concert - Tuesday, 10/9, @ 7 PM in the MS gym
- Quarter 1 IC Window Opens to begin Posting Grades - Wednesday, 10/10
- End of Quarter 1 - Friday, 10/12
- DCEF Teacher Grants - Don't forget the grants are due by Friday, 10/12.
- Quarter 1 Grades Due for Posting - Monday, 10/22 @ 3PM
- Fall Break (No School) - 10/15 - 10/19
- 5/6 Halloween Bash - Friday, 10/26, from 3:30 to 5 PM in the cafe
- Parent-Teacher Conferences - (2 Evenings) 11/1 & 11/8, 4:30 - 8 PM
- Faculty Mtg - Tuesday, 10/9, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM - Canceled!
- PLC - Wednesday, 10/10, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM
- Department Mtg - Tuesday, 10/23, @7:25 AM in locations TBD by Department Heads
- PLC - Wednesday, 10/24, in The Bat Cave @7:25 AM
- NO PLC on 10/31 to allow for Parent-Teacher Conference Preparation
When You Need a Substitute
Marsha Webster: (317) 607-3000
Dave Rector: (317) 443-6308
Tisha Lucas (317) 644-9543
- CALLING IN SICK: If the absence is determined the night before the school day, please have sub plans in your “DCMS Sub Folder.” Your subfolder should be located on top of your desk. It should easily be identified or found if needed. Provide Mrs. Lucas with the location of you sub-folder.
PREARRANGED ABSENCE: If your absence(s) is prearranged or is a professional leave absence, please have sub plans in your “DCMS Sub Folder.” All sub plans should be completed and your sub folder should be left with Mrs. Lucas before leaving the day prior to your prearranged absence.
It is not appropriate to contact the district substitute coordinator directly. Thank you!
- 5/6 Halloween Bash on 10/26 from 3:30 - 5 PM - We need staff volunteers to help us supervise the Halloween Bash. This is a great way to demonstrate going above and beyond in dedicating time for students and peers outside of class. Plus, it is fun to watch them. You are invited to dance with them and have a great time too. It does not have to be just standing around. Students are not to dress up on this day.
- Halloween is Wednesday, 10/31 - Please remember, students, do not dress up to celebrate Halloween during school. Classes are to run "business as usual". Please do not plan parties.
- Parent-Teacher Conferences are coming. Reminder! This year each Core teacher will schedule his or her individual parent-teacher conference time slots to ensure all parents get an opportunity to meet with a teacher. For one or two really tough kiddos, it is appropriate for more than one teacher to participate when meeting with parents; however, the norm should be one teacher with a parent/parents. Related arts teachers will make positive calls again this year for students who are making all A's and B's and whose parents do not schedule a conference. Plan time for covering student progress, student strengths/growth areas, ways to improve, resources available, and share the ILEARN parent infographic. Infographic found here - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rgYteKtBpN06MG4EBB9ln0ALh-iJKssP/view?usp=sharing. The big key is for parents to sense that you know and care about their child. If any teachers have any parent meeting between now and conference time, feel free to count that as your parent/teacher conference. Please just document the meeting. If you want Heather, Laura, Dave, or Marsha to attend any of your conferences, then let us know. Marsha will provide dinner for the Teachers on 11/1 and 11/8. Please bring your own drinks.
- PT Conference Scheduling - We will use signup.com again. More information will be coming with expectations for scheduling your conferences.
- Cell Phone Violations Procedures are found here at the following link. Please familiarize yourself with the process. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yo87qFzgaYYG4L5Tw6LKFdpQ7d_OHymU4UId1rL2qlI/edit?usp=sharing
- Friday School / Detention Supervisor Sign-Up – Please sign up to supervise a Friday School or Detention for the good of the school culture using the links below. Detentions will now be on Thursday AM and Thursday PM.
Detention - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Xz-cAK_wEAroQymY6EMxUSFs8afMLCGJ0g0UpOcnbHY/edit?usp=sharing
About Us: Mission & Collective Commitments
We are a collaborative group of educators committed to ensuring high student achievement.
We commit to…
- Focusing on student proficiency of Indiana College & Career Readiness standards, not just coverage of material.
- Working collaboratively to benefit all students with a focus on results.
- Join forces to learn by doing on a daily basis.
- Using frequent common assessments that inform and drive our instruction.
- Providing intervention and enrichment based upon the formative data.
- Furthering a culture that uses value-added language, encourages one another, and celebrates successes.